Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dock customization

Default Dock customization
    I'm trying to avoid installing caterpillar because I don't feel like paying $45 for a hack. I want more than 4 icons on my dock. Customize 1.21 failed to do that, maybe because i'm on 1.1.4. It kept losing the dock number icons setting even though I was doing as it said and editing the icon order to save the settings. I wanted to see if anybody with 1.22 had success in adding more than 4 icons to the dock otherwise I won't waste my time.

Does anybody know of another way to get more icons on the dock?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

downgrade to 1.0.2

two very good suggestions. Thank you very much. I'll try out the caterpillar hack and see how that turns out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me MattMac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iWant 1.1.1 View Post
    theres a hack somewhere that gives u caterpillar for free...

EDIT: found it.:
    Aww man, I got an infringement for posting that, lol.
    16GB iPhone 3G
    2.2 Pwned
    Dedicated Cydia User

2.2 GHz Intel MacBook

Mac OS X 10.5.5
    Bootcamp w/ Windows XP

hmm, i only see russian stuff in the RiP Dev folder, nothing called R.I.P. Dev in there. thoughts? suggestions?

EDIT: and yes, i did put the source sephone.nm.ru/ripdev.xml in.

EDIT 2: apparently i just had to refresh the source again after the initial refresh. It works now. Thanks!
    Last edited by crashspeeder; 2008-03-21 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks

I have caterpillar and I am not overly impressed with it. Aside of being able to do a 5 icon dock, it doesn't do a thing for me. The 5 icon dock is actually not even anything I am interested in, but I have been playing with it using my collaby theme that is in the downloads section here. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...o=file&id=2601

Otherwise I cannot fathom why this would be worth paying for since customize gives you so much more and is free.

i wouldn't pay for caterpillar unless i wanted the other programs as well (privacy, calendar, etc.) but i have a theme that modifies the dock to work best with an odd number of apps in the dock. 3 looked a little funny but worked. 5 was what it was optimized for.

I was completely unable to get customize to work (1.21) for 1.1.4. Even the versions that people claimed worked. It would open but I wasn't interested in changing every icon one at a time, I wanted themes which SummerBoard made much simpler. As for the only other function Customize has that I wanted, multiple icons in the dock. It fails miserably. I couldn't make it retain its settings. After changing the number of icons it tells you to go to the icon order menu so it will save. I did, then I exited to the springboard and it proceeded to restart the springboard. After going back in, it was the same as I left it. No change to the dock.

Only other thing I can do is try 1.22 but I hate the fact that it's not available on installer. I have to download it from the google code page and SCP it.

Thanks

Installer is for lazy people SSH is actually the easiest way to do anything SHORT of installer. Try doing everything from the command line and see how much you like SSH.

Dock icon adustment is dead in Customize until the new version drops - which I believe they are looking for beta testers (maybe) Sit tight - the powers that be are working the situation...

~above~

Thanks

Screw the dock, I want to be able to arrange my springboard again. dragging each icon to each page one by one and having it kick the other icon a page back, then having to move the icon that got kicked back to it's original spot SUCKS.

it makes no difference to me whether I download it through installer or SCP it to the phone and install via SSH. Unix isn't terribly difficult if you know what you're doing and most of this seems simple.