Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What games on the NES work well with the iPhone touch screen?

Default What games on the NES work well with the iPhone touch screen?
    Hello my friends.

I currently have Mike Tyon's Punch-Out!, Kung Fu and Bubble Bobble. These games seem to work well with the touch screen. I know other games with a lot of movement (SF II, Tecmo Bowl, Super Mario Bros.) is almost unplayable because it's very difficult to maneuver around the sometimes unresponsive and over-sensitive touch screen.

Don't say that about Mario... I've beaten the game on the iPhone, but it's during an hour and a half commute to work with full session saves...
    Desert Commander is great! So's Final Fantasy. Super Pinball is sick with the sensory pad because it's like you're flicking the ball with your finger.... I thought Arkanoid was way too fast to be fun. Tetris was definitely cool. So was Pac Man. But, I owned all these games and still pwn them. ;-)

Really? I thought that Super Mario Bros. was kind of hard to move around with the touch screen. I guess I have to get used to it. Sports games and fighting games seem to be the worst.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

some games also don't work too well b/c u can't go up and to the left at the same time, its 1 or the other. atleast its that way for me. but the app is getting better and better all the time.

I like R.C pro am and excitebike .. They work perfect on the iphone , you just have to get use to steeering..

RBI Baseball is great, works well on the phone too

i would have to say that Pac man is good, and yes i am a LIFE FAN of mario, but it definately is manditory to be dedicated tot the game .. in order to do good at it. i have gotten almost all the way through ( in my Electronics class) and i have to say that most of the street fighter games are out of the question.. precise timing is hard with those.
    Mac is a way of life... my way of life.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Contra was one of the
    best games ever and i can't play well because i can't shoot diagonally.

Mario is too easy to play and i acutally enjoy playing it on the iphone. Mario FTW

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

now u know what game would be awesome to be able to play is duck hunt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I thought about that, but unless you have a mouse or a gun just touching the screen to kill the duck would be boring. You'd hit it every time. Controlling a mouse on the screen with the sensor pad would drive you insane.

Speaking of controlling a mouse on the screen If the HP PDA's can do it, we could too.

Actually that duck hunt game has been out for a while now formatted for the iphone available through the internet and its basically that.. you have to touch the screen to shoot the duck but its not as simple as easy as you would expect it to be, try it out and see for yourself

http://www.orangeburgyoungprofessionals.com/duckhunt/

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kpace1 View Post
    Actually that duck hunt game has been out for a while now formatted for the iphone available through the internet and its basically that.. you have to touch the screen to shoot the duck but its not as simple as easy as you would expect it to be, try it out and see for yourself

http://www.orangeburgyoungprofessionals.com/duckhunt/
    thanx but having it on the phone with out having the need to access the internet. its what the native apps are all about. too bad it doesn't work

I play monopoly. It takes up time, plus I love monopoly.