Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: safari cache

Default safari cache
    I was just wondering where Safari's cache file was located...

for example, when i go to seeqpod, the song streams, which means it has to d/l the file somewhere... anyone got any clues as to where that might be??

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    I was just wondering where Safari's cache file was located...

for example, when i go to seeqpod, the song streams, which means it has to d/l the file somewhere... anyone got any clues as to where that might be??
    ok go to var/root/library/caches/mobile safari or private/var/root/librarycaches/mobile safari

be sure to hit the thanks button!
    iphone? uphone?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to japha55 For This Useful Post:

vicjang (2010-10-22)

I would be glad to.... if there were files in that folder.... still no luck trying both those file extensions... i tried using mobilefinder and ibrickr to check. still no luck... anyone else have any thoughts?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yea, I'm not seeing anything in there either, even after I browse around on Safari a bit... But I was wondering what you were trying to get out of there? I don't think streaming music players 'record' anything into the cache... or at least not any music data, if anything just like a file that connects to the stream.. but I dun really know.

well, I know with my PC when i go to seeqpod and i listen to a song, it saves in my temp internet files folder. not quite sure if its the same for a mac, or even the iphone for that matter, but i do know, when you choose a song it takes some time for it to load, i dont know if its because its a buffer.... but it still has to save somewhere... even for a brief period.

OK, got it for media files. Listening to an MP3 that I copied to my Mac by grabbing it from /tmp/MediaCache, but how about PDF.

I browsed to the PDF of the iPhone legal complaint from:

http://www.appleiphonelawsuit.com/up...h_vs_Apple.pdf

and can read it in the browser. Even stays there if I go off line (airplane mode), but if I navigate away from it, it is gone, and I must be on line to see it again.

It has to be cached somewhere.

I was hoping to hack a way to read off-line PDF's (and possibly Word, Excel) by bookmarking it, and then chmod a-w something.
    Mobile Linux? Got That.
    Pepper Pad 3, Nokia 770, GP2x, Motorola A780
    Visit Linuxslate.com New Forums just starting