Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swirly MMS no longer working for ATT users

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Swirly MMS no longer working for ATT users
    yeah, it sucks... AT&T and Apple have decided that we have had enough fun and have decided to block all incoming and outgoing MMS files in the ATT system... which means no more swirly. UNLESS we can find another way to send them as in maybe creating another proxy of some kind to send them through? *wink wink* to all the smart people out there haha. i know it wouldnt be easy and all, and im even willing to help and im sure many others would too... id pay to get it working if i had to. what do u guys think about this situation? i think that if we had a different proxy to type in, maybe somehow it could go through and send the pix again and we could return to our happy lil worlds... any thoughts?

no/yes?

so... no one else is having this problem? i was under the impression they were
    Last edited by gameviper; 2008-03-19 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

what is their justification for doing this?
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

mine still works like it always has? sorry about yours..

maybe if microsoft exchange can be used to host ur account and push it to u guys
    but u need a server for that, and all ur messeges i gess will be recived as an email to the phone
    its just an idea, i dont know if it works

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reddevilseye View Post
    maybe if microsoft exchange can be used to host ur account and push it to u guys
    but u need a server for that, and all ur messeges i gess will be recived as an email to the phone
    its just an idea, i dont know if it works
    yeah emailing was the way to go before swirly.... i want my swirly mms back tho haha

I'll bet it's the same reason why we can't send mms natively - when they were planning price structure for data they decided to cripple the phone to save data space = cheaper data... sucks! We could send mms 5 years ago on a moto!

You know, I'd even settle for something that read the id and password from the "viewmymessage.com" text and generated a link you could click to load it up automatically in safari, rather than having to click back and forth 3-4 times to make sure you entered the info correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by nhbfan View Post
    You know, I'd even settle for something that read the id and password from the "viewmymessage.com" text and generated a link you could click to load it up automatically in safari, rather than having to click back and forth 3-4 times to make sure you entered the info correctly.
    i wouldnt there is no reason at all why they iphone doesnt have this feature or all the other features weve been wanting its bull if you ask me and someone finallymakes it possible and they shut it down so lame its not like we arnt already paying for the service were not stealing anything from AT&T.
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks

What I don't understand is why I don't get the "Viewmymessage.com" SMS, I never have.

Thanks

Problem is, only the people useing that proxy server will be able to share MMS messages. I think our phones would work with AT&T so long as if you buy the phone from the store and use ziphone or iliberty to unlock and activate the phone. I think this will resolve the issue of itunes knowing what phones ESN is a iphone or not.
    Last edited by CobraSVT; 2008-04-18 at 07:58 AM.

Default Got It Working!!
    I have 1.1.4 jailbroken iphone but not unlocked and was having the same problem everyone else is with swirly mms giving unexpected http reponse or whatever.

I called at&t and told them that I have a Sony that I use every so often for mms specifically. (make sure you really do have another phone because they will ask for the imei) and it hasn't been working.

I was on the phone for 30 minutes before telling the customer service rep. that i know that issue is on their end and that it has worked for 6 months with no problems, and I had to go to class, I told her to go through everything and make sure that mms was activated on my line and she told me that it won't work because i have an iphone line and it is not compatible.

I told her that it has worked for 6 months and it suddenly stopped no matter what phone I use. I told her i had to go to class for 3 hours and to fix it or send it to the technicians to fix, I also told her the answer is not "it's incompatible" because it worked before.

Sitting in class right now, an hour and a half later, I just downloaded all 7 mms's and sent one without a problem.

some advise, if you get someone that seems like they won't be any help within the first minute. . . hang up and call back. This really seems to be a tossup so don't waste ur time with someone who won't help.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tonman23 For This Useful Post:

tntmorgan (2008-06-06)

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah this really is crap....i have been a cingular user for a while now....and i was glad i did have cingular when i heard about their exclusive offering of the iphone....this problem of no picture messages is simply embarrassing, am i really supposed to tell my friend who sends me picture messages on his $20 dollar prepaid phone that i cant see them on my 400 dollar iphone? it really makes me want to leave cingular and go to tmobile....just to stick it to ATT, i know i could get picture messages then....
    even better maybe go for the blackberry pearl...a really nice phone, cheap, with all the functionality of the iphone. i dont even use the ipod part of my iphone often since the battery drains so fast when i do....i still carry my 30 gig ipod video around with me all the time....which i figured i wouldnt have to do anymore.....now i hear the 3g iphone will be coming out with new features like gps....and i think "thanks apple" for selling us your half assed prototype that uses shitty slow edge service and has none of the options that all the top phones in the industry come with standard....if it wasnt for the showtime program i downloaded i wouldnt even be able to take video clips!
    i do love the phone but the lack of featues is sad....not to mention you cant even use the "mms" functions in landscape mode to get a nice wide keyboard like you can in safari....my girlfriends at&t tilt has all the funcitons of the iphone and more for half the price
    Last edited by dontevenfucwitme; 2008-05-04 at 04:01 AM. Reason: eye kant spel veri wel nd i sux at gramer
    Formerly of modmymoto.com ..now upgraded to 2.1 & jailbroken using quickpwn

RETIRED- Motorola L7 -R4517, RSA removed, EDGE internet browsing, full iPhone skin with 14 icon menu, widget style home icons, Bullfrog iTunes, 1GB storage