Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to monitor Internet usage on pc? (MyWi related)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Default How to monitor Internet usage on pc? (MyWi related)
    Hey guys. This question may be unrelated to these forums but I thought I'd try anyway. If mods think this is posted in the wrong board, please move to the correct one, I wasn't sure where to post!

I'm looking for some sort of program that will let me monitor my Internet usage over a set period of time (on my windows pc). The reason for this is because I will be getting a laptop soon, hopefully a MacBook, and I'd like to use MyWi to tether my iPhones Internet. I figure this will may or may not be possible, as my carrier gives me 750MB Internet usage per month. If I'm only using the internet for general browsing, and not downloading music/films/etc, I was wondering if 750MB would be enough for a month of surfing the net on a laptop. This will mean I won't have to pay more money for separate internet for my laptop, and also I won't have to pay extra on my phone bill to set up official tethering.

So basically I'm looking for a program that will monitor my usage on my pc so I can then decide if I'll be able to tether my iPhone's internet on it. Any help or suggestions on where I should look for this sort of thing would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Why not just use the data meter in the Iphone's Settings-->General--->Usage page? You can reset the data usage to zero at the beginning of each month.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh, but I want to monitor my usage from my computer, not my iPhone. I don't have a new laptop yet so I can't use MyWi and test how much internet I'd use. That's why I need a program of some sort to monitor pc Internet usage now, so I will know if I should purchase MyWi and tether. MyWi is pretty expensive so I need to do my research before I buy anything! Thanks though.