Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Facetime on/off Settings button

Default No Facetime on/off Settings button
    I have no Facetime on/off button in Settings>Phone

is there anyway to make it appear through modifying a .plist file or sth

i am running ios4.1 Jailbreaked by limra1n

and the Facetime application exists already its in : /system/library/privateframeworks/Imcore.framework/imagnet.app/plugins/facetime.imservice/

please help

Tx for starting the thread SHouSHa. Many people in the middle east have this problem. It appears that certain model numbers that are sold in UAE, Saudi, Qatar automatically disable facetime upon iTunes activation when updated to iOS 4.1.

Apple seems to be using a similar mechanism that it uses to carrier lock iPhones upon activation to disable itunes on the following model numbers:

* Saudi Arabia (mobily) – affected model numbers are MC603AE and MC605AE
    * United Arab Emirates (Du and Etisalat) – affected model numbers are MC603AE and MC605AE
    * Qatar (Vodafone) – affected model numbers are MC603AE and MC605AE
    * Egypt (Mobinil and Vodafone) – affected model numbers are MC603AB and MC605AB
    * Jordan (Orange) – we assume that the affected model numbers will be MC603AB and MC605AB

im searching for the same thing from the morning
    if we can get our hand on the stock files( u refer 2) from iphone4 with enable facetime on it

I THINK we may get the damn button

Quote Originally Posted by ok.1.1 View Post
    im searching for the same thing from the morning
    if we can get our hand on the stock files( u refer 2) from iphone4 with enable facetime on it

I THINK we may get the damn button
    I am happy to supply any files from my UAE iPhone 4 if it will help. Just tell me what you want.

I really don't know .. but in egypt here on ios 4.0.2 before updating to 4.1 it was working and ppl made calls .. so it works !! we just need the button to enable it

Quote Originally Posted by gierran View Post
    I am happy to supply any files from my UAE iPhone 4 if it will help. Just tell me what you want.
    the problem is ur i4 is the some of mine

mobily (ksa) and etsalat(uae)

but if ur running iOS 4.0.2 this will be great !!

i think this file will solve the mystery

/system/library/privateframeworks/Imcore.framework/imagnet.app/plugins/facetime.imservice/

You are correct. In order to enable facetime, people with the affected models need to activate the Facetime on/off button in Settings/Phone. I'm not sure if we need to look at at the Facetime app itself, or look more closely at the activation process, which is disabling facetime.

the problem is ur i4 is the some of mine

mobily (ksa) and etsalat(uae)

but if ur running iOS 4.0.2 this will be great !!

i think this file will solve the mystery

/system/library/privateframeworks/Imcore.framework/imagnet.app/plugins/facetime.imservice/
    I will see if we can get a copy from the emiratesmac forum users. I already looked at the folder, but it doesn't seem that any of the plist files will help us...
    Last edited by gierran; 2010-10-10 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You are correct. In order to enable facetime, people with the affected models need to activate the Facetime on/off button in Settings/Phone. I'm not sure if we need to look at at the Facetime app itself, or look more closely at the activation process, which is disabling facetime.

I will see if we can get a copy from the emiratesmac forum users. I already looked at the folder, but it doesn't seem that any of the plist files will help us...
    good ... if we can get the files we can do it the other way

we will try 2 disable the facetime on it that will be much easier than goin with no idea

then it will be clear how 2 enable it again

================================================== ==================================================

ok guys ... can anyone help me with a .plist file from iphone 4 running iOS 4.1

"shouldn't be any iphone from KSA,UAE,Jordan,Egypt"

Phone.plist
    form
    System/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobilePhoneSettings.bundle
    Last edited by ok.1.1; 2010-10-11 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MobilePhoneSettings.bundle:
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Model No: MC603B

Also: EmiratesMac for copy of facetime.imservice from a UAE iPhone 4 running 4.0.2!
    Last edited by gierran; 2010-10-11 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MobilePhoneSettings.bundle:
    Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

Model No: MC603B

Also: EmiratesMac for copy of facetime.imservice from a UAE iPhone 4 running 4.0.2!
    not working !!

not working !!
    Here is the MobilePhoneSettings.bundle from an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 with working Facetime
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is the imagent file from a UAE iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.2:

FaceTime in Saudi Arabia mystery solved - SaudiMac

The file is located at /System/Library/RegionFeatures.txt. I tried editing the file, changing the line

AE 0x00000081 ; “NOVOIP(0×80)”
    to
    AE 0x00000001 ;

Then I reset the device, but no luck. I think this file is used on activation, to configure the various regional locks by model. Perhaps if it is implemented into something like Pawnagetool, then it can be applied before activation. Post-activation, I guess we have to look elsewhere to enable the facetime on/off switch. Anyone with any ideas?
    Last edited by gierran; 2010-10-11 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

need this file PLZ

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Conference.framework

FaceTime in Saudi Arabia mystery solved - SaudiMac

The file is located at /System/Library/RegionFeatures.txt. I tried editing the file, changing the line

AE 0x00000081 ; “NOVOIP(0×80)”
    to
    AE 0x00000001 ;

Then I reset the device, but no luck. I think this file is used on activation, to configure the various regional locks by model. Perhaps if it is implemented into something like Pawnagetool, then it can be applied before activation. Post-activation, I guess we have to look elsewhere to enable the facetime on/off switch. Anyone with any ideas?

ya i just need "Conference.framework"

i think im close
    Last edited by ok.1.1; 2010-10-11 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do you need it from a UAE iPhone 4 running 4.0.2, or grey market iPhone running iOS4.1?

the one with facetime enable at 4.1

=================

i got the file
    Last edited by ok.1.1; 2010-10-11 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Great! Can you post it so I can also look at it?

here wt i did until this moment

1. edit the file
    system/library/regionfeatures/regionfeatures_iphone.txt

2. replace the folder
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Conference.framework

3. replace the folder
    /system/library/privateframeworks/Imcore.framework/imagnet.app

4. replace the folder
    system/Library/PreferenceBundles/MobilePhoneSettings.bundle

-----

now wt i got is i can see the button i can switch it on/off
    but wn i go out of the setting i goes back 2 off
    and the is no facetime call option in the contact
    Last edited by ok.1.1; 2010-10-11 at 05:31 PM.

------
    i had a mistake and corrected
    no more
    facetime button shown

/system/library/privateframeworks/Imcore.framework/imagnet.app I gave you was from 4.0.2. That could be a problem.

I am waiting to get the 4.1 version.

Tx for the Conference.framework, will keep you posted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast