Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Enable Facetime in a banned country

dude this disables facetime .. we don't want to disable it, it's already disabled we want to re-enable it -_-'

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SHouSHa For This Useful Post:

merodahero (2010-10-17)

So think, maybe go mod that file on your iPhone and it's fixed?

why won't u tell me what file was that, and i'll see about it.
    u just posted a pic of a cydia app, u didn't even tell us thich repo to get it from.

and btw not necessarily disabling the Facetime from a working fone would be the same as enabling it

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Not to mention that is also for iPod Touch which activates facetime totally differently than a iPhone 4 does...

Okay this is sad the name of the file you need to edit is in the pic just get someone else with working FaceTime to give you the working file, I really thought y'all could put this together

Guys the file he is talking about is:
    N81AP.plist

Hope u can find a solution.
    The FaceTime feature works only on 4.0.2 in da middle east iphones.

Now after I jail-broke my iPhone 4 4.0.2 every time an app needs to respring the springboard after it finish's the FaceTime option disappears ! Then I turn off the mobile and reopen it manually after that the FaceTime option is back in the setting!! (4.0.2)

Thought maybe my experience with this problem could help you guy's in solving it.

Much respect
    Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by shanejoe View Post
    Okay this is sad the name of the file you need to edit is in the pic just get someone else with working FaceTime to give you the working file, I really thought y'all could put this together
    Actually shanejoe, N81AP.plist is for the iPod touch, and is not used by the iPhone 4.

N90AP.plist is used by the iPhone 4. I played with it but nothing to help there.
    Last edited by gierran; 2010-10-17 at 02:40 PM.

Okay so I was wrong just trying to help man

im also from egypt and after update the on off for facetime is not there
    so i have add this source on cydia
    hackyouriphone.net
    and then downloaded the facebreak
    then i opened the seteings and on the facebreak i pressed force FT buttone and it respring the phone and then i caled a normal number i found the facetime icon is there but when i press it it give me black screen for 2sec and comes back to call screen and also i went to the phone favorites and add a contact it ask me this for viedo or voice but not working after that this a start

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedsesco View Post
    im also from egypt and after update the on off for facetime is not there
    so i have add this source on cydia
    hackyouriphone.net
    and then downloaded the facebreak
    then i opened the seteings and on the facebreak i pressed force FT buttone and it respring the phone and then i caled a normal number i found the facetime icon is there but when i press it it give me black screen for 2sec and comes back to call screen and also i went to the phone favorites and add a contact it ask me this for viedo or voice but not working after that this a start
    sorry for the naive question.. but are you sure the number you were calling has an iphone4 with facetime enabled?

yes he has iphone 4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    And his device has facetime enabled using the same method as u did. Or enabled by default?

enabled by default

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    can you try the following:

If for some reason after a reboot FaceTime refuses to connect, just respring by Disabling and then Enabling FaceBreak inside the Settings Menu (under ‘FaceBreak’).

Last edited by ajl917; 2010-11-04 at 05:24 AM.

Hey guys any news?

Btw, do u think 4.2 will still ban the facetime feature specially after some carriers in the middle east complained about it's being banned without them asking for such procedure?!?!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Vodafone Qatar announced on facebook:

"FaceTime Coming Soon
    to iPhone 4. Great news everyone! We've been working closely with Apple to
    reach a solution that will allow FaceTime to work on the iPhone 4 devices in
    Qatar. In the near future, Apple will release a software update through iTunes
    that will enable FaceTime. Stay tuned for more details on the tim...ing of the
    software update. - Jon"

Wish to find the solution soon (

Rashwanian: iPhone4: Fix / Enable banned Facetime in Middle East

Seems to be working. I got the button, my phone sent an SMS, now it says "Waiting for activation". I'll keep you updated.

Update: YES!! It's working. You might need to install "MiTime" though for activation.

PS: Living in Egypt
    Last edited by cubid; 2010-10-30 at 04:33 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast