Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone xls, xlsx Issue

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone xls, xlsx Issue
    Please don't yell or scream if I put this in the wrong place, here goes:

I have several apps on my iphone that enable me to view/edit excel files. Here lately, a company that sends me barge schedules VIA excel, has started zipping the files (prolly has no bearing) and after I unzip them, and then try to open the file(s) on my iphone using one any/all of my excel viewers and it tells me that the document cannot be viewed because its encrypted. Only quick office offers me a place to type in a password, to which I don't have, the others just show "document encrypted, cannot open.

I've talked to the customer that sends me the files and he says that he does not do anything other than zip the file(s) and sends them to us.

I searched endlessly to find a solution, this was my last stop, should have been my first, but I'm stupid.

I created a test document on my pc using office 2010, and emailed it and tried to open it, but it would not open either, but it just said that it couldn't be viewed, I was able to get around that by purchasing the app through cydia that enables you so save the attachment to the device, and once I did that, I was able to view the file, but nothing I do will allow me to view the file that my customer sends me.

Guess I need to zip a test file from excel on my pc here, and see if I can view it.....I think that its something to do with the way he's sending it to me???

Thanks for all your help, if you can provide me any!

Chris

Forgot to mention, the files in question, will open up on my PC without any issues, nor does it ask for any password, just will not open up on my iPhone!

Help!!!!
    Last edited by ugshotgun; 2010-09-29 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Bump!
    Note 4 and iPhone 6 Plus: The best of both worlds!