Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH stopped working suddenly.

Default SSH stopped working suddenly.
    iphone 4
    iOS 4.0.1

OpenSSH was installed and running fine since day 1.
    ive themed my phone on and off for past few days no problem.
    today i installed a few apps via Cydia: Iconoclasm and Shrink.

Then i went to install some new themese via SSH using Transmit, as i have done countless times before...and noticed it wasnt connecting. I then noticed SSH was missing from SBSettings.

so i rebooted my iPhone, and SSH toggle came back.
    i was able to connect and access my themese folder. but then when i tried to delete a theme in the Stash folder...it errored...and then lost connection now it wont connect again.

so i reinstalled OpenSSH in cydia.
    rebooted.
    still not connecting.

any ideas?

UPDATE 1:
    is it possible iconoclasm or shrink changed my SSH password somehow?

UPDATE 2:
    the error im getting in transmit seems to be: "username and password is not correct." something defintely changed it....and i dont know how to get it changed back!!!!!!

UPDATE 3:
    ok...so i realized that the OpenSSH connection works...but ONLY for the first 1-2 mins after rebooting my phone. and then it cuts connection until i reboot again

UPDATE 4:
    i couldnt fix it...so i eventually had to restore.....
    ill try installing shrink and iconoclasm again to see if it happens again and post back later...
    i did search around a bit and saw many people with similar problems...but noone ever replied to them for help fixing or solutions to this problem.
    Last edited by benderbends; 2010-08-12 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try going here and following instructions to change root password, then retry after you knwo you have the right password Recover forgotten iPhone root password | Realityloop

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseeeeey View Post
    Try going here and following instructions to change root password, then retry after you knwo you have the right password Recover forgotten iPhone root password | Realityloop
    thats the thing though...if i didnt have correct password, then i shouldnt be able to login via SSH when the phone reboots. but i can. which means password is correct (also i was positive password was correct as i never changed it). therefore something was forcing the SSH connection closed shortly after boot, but not quick enough to block me out completely since i had a few seconds after boot every time.

anyways i have since restored and changed password, and will monitor if it happens again.