Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anyone have a working "TAP to Unlock" for iPhone 4?

Default Anyone have a working "TAP to Unlock" for iPhone 4?
    Anyone know a "tap to unlock" app that works on the iPhone 4? Really miss that. Tried a bunch of them with no luck.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

How do you double it's size?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You open the pdf file with photoshop or some other photo editor (I use Paint.net it's free) At the top menu click on Image then click on resize. Look at the current pixel counts. If the image is say, 90 x 120, you would resize it to 180 x 240. I put an attachment of a theme I made for myself. It is an invisible tap to unlock and has an easy short slider for call answer and for shutting of the phone. It works great on my iPhone 4. Unzip it, SSH into your phone using iPhoneBrowser, WinSCP, or whatever, and put the folder, "iPhone 4 Tap" into your Themes folder (Library/Themes) and then activate it with Winterboard. If you don't know how to SSH into your phone, I also submitted this to BigBoss so it may me on Cydia soon if they accept it. Or there are some great tutorials on this site how to SSH.
    Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lyndyiphone For This Useful Post:

docomar (2010-08-10), goyney (2010-08-07)

Thanks for sharing that ZIP file. I was able to customize one of the images to make a tap to lock image I really like. However, the AWAY_LOCK_LABEL in the SpringBoard.app folder isn't overriding "Slide to unlock" text on the iPhone 4 running 4.0.1. Looking in the System/Library/CoreServices/ there isn't an en.lproj anymore, it's English.lproj. I made modifications to that file to remove the text, change the text, etc, but nothing works after a respring or a reboot. I'm getting frustrated that I can't remove that text.

Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Goyney, The only file you need to tweak of my Theme to change the look of area you tap to unlock, is the "[email protected]" since mine is invisible (or just clear), if you open it with a photo editor it is like a blank slate and you can put any text or image you want. Just save it and replace it with the original. Here are some examples attached. No need to worry about the SpringBoard.app folder. And please don't change the files on your phone. Just play with the files in my Theme folder and apply it with Winterboard. If you are going to be using an image instead of just text, make sure when you modify the png with your photo editor that it is flattened as a png file and still the same size as the original.

If you post a pic or the text you want I'd be happy to make it and post it here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -text.png   -f-skl.png   -jobs.png  
    Last edited by lyndyiphone; 2010-08-07 at 08:20 AM.

I appreciate your offer, but I have already got the graphic I want. My problem is the "Slide to unlock" text won't go away for me, no matter what I try. I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

EDIT: I figured it out!!! I'm using AndroidLock XT and it was overriding the text. I apologize for the inconvenience!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0047.png   -img_0048.png  
    Last edited by goyney; 2010-08-07 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Resolved Issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Last edited by lyndyiphone; 2010-08-07 at 07:40 PM.

If you don't mind manually installing, I made a decent tap to unlock for iPhone 4. I've submitted it to the repo, but it hasn't shown up yet.

It requires a tiny bit of tweaking which I'll try and do in the next day or two, but it's originally in high res so it looks much better than any of these upscaled ones. It also has tap to answer in green and tap to power off in red.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo1.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

The size is 550x94 for iPhone 4 and 275x47 on any other iPhone.