Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: irealsms 3.0 question

Default irealsms 3.0 question
    I was curious if any had gotten their irealsms tranfered from an older iphone 3g/3gs to a new iphone 4

Your suppose to email them your new phone serial and such.. I did this a couple days ago and have yet to hear anything..

I was curious if anyone has done this and heard back?

thanks

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe Stealth emailed them 2+ weeks ago and last I had heard (as of Sunday) he had not gotten a response from them about it. I emailed them Sunday night and haven't heard back yet.

I am curious as to what is going on, they are typically a very very responsive group and this delay is very unlike them.

edit:

I just hopped on over to forum.irealsms.com and Reznor9 (who handles all customer related areas for Spirit of Logic) posted about how they're swamped trying to revamp iRealSMS and pwnTunes for iOS 4 and apologized for the exceptionally long wait time.

You can follow him on twitter @irealsms for any updates about it. I browsed through a few recent tweets of his and one shows a screenshot of ONE of his four email accounts for iRealSMS and he's got about 1700 unread emails for it; all of which are pretty much the same transfer requests.

It sucks but hey, it's by far one of the most high quality apps i've ever used. I just hope my serial is transfered before the trial period ends.

Edit #2: Reznor9 just replied back to my email and said that it has been transfered.
    Last edited by mortopher; 2010-08-04 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks for the info. Very helpful to hear. I hope mine comes before my trial ends also haha.

And lucky you! :P

I have sent five seperate email to have mine transfered and stated that I loved the app but did not want to pay again especially 12.99 that the 3.0 is now and I have yet to receive any email other then an automated response and I sent mine last thursday.

I have no problem supporting the devs of all these great apps but I refuse to pay for something I have already purchased once and could just upgrade to the 3.0 for 0.99. I will support everyone but I at least expect a response. I even emailed the serial and support email.
    Last edited by ctstiffler; 2010-08-05 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ctstiffler View Post
    I have sent five seperate email to have mine transfered and stated that I loved the app but did not want to pay again especially 12.99 that the 3.0 is now and I have yet to receive any email other then an automated response and I sent mine last thursday.

I have no problem supporting the devs of all these great apps but I refuse to pay for something I have already purchased once and could just upgrade to the 3.0 for 0.99. I will support everyone but I at least expect a response. I even emailed the serial and support email.
    I haven't even gotten an automated email
    I'm looking to get my 2.0 tranferred so I can do the cheap upgrade.

I just want to have my irealsms back and working and I need my iblacklist back right now. They need to update the wifi sync too.

I just decided to buy a new license for my 4, I didn't want to wait, and I knew they'd be hammered with transfer requests.

The bad news is, my original iPhone4 went batchit on Sunday night, and I had to get it replaced on Monday (so far no death grip or issues with the proximity sensor). I emailed them to have my license transferred to the new phone on Monday... nothing yet.
    I just hope they get to it before the trial runs out!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

If you just sent your email off monday to have it transfered let me know when you get it. Im going to be pissed off as shite if you just sent yours off and get it before mine. Ive sent five emails since the second the jailbreak went live. I dont see you getting yours before the trial runs out but good luck.

Thanks

If you sent me five emails about it I'd have put you at the back of the line. Go to their forums and read about what is going on before you repeatedly send emails about it. Reznor9 has 5,000+ emails to respond to about all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by paganizonda83 View Post
    If you sent me five emails about it I'd have put you at the back of the line. Go to their forums and read about what is going on before you repeatedly send emails about it. Reznor9 has 5,000+ emails to respond to about all of this.
    Let me explain. I sent 4 emails to both support and serial(2 to each address) Got an automated response and then sent my new serial number in like it stated. Im not going to the back of the line for anything. I sent these emails before knowing how many request we already waiting. I dont follow everyone and every facebook/twitter/site they have. I chose the app that was best for me and I love it. Paid my money for the app like everyone else so just to put me in the back of the line for wondering why I havent had a response from anyone is crazy. I have nothing against any I would just love for this app to be able to work on my i4. You dont know what he is thinking or doing, for all we know he could be swamped and working his *** off or he could be putting things off and wanting people to go ahead and pay the 12.99 for the 3.0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctstiffler View Post
    You dont know what he is thinking or doing, for all we know he could be swamped and working his *** off or he could be putting things off and wanting people to go ahead and pay the 12.99 for the 3.0.
    Based on Spirit of Logic's track record and Reznor9's respected participation on this site, it's safe to say they are not doing this with any ulterior motives and are simply swamped with requests.

Also, you don't have to follow anyone's twitter or anything to find out about any of this. If you go to the Settings page in the iRealSMS app itself, you will find a direct link to their website, which hosts very helpful and insightful forums.