Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App to help find misplaced iPod Touch?

Default App to help find misplaced iPod Touch?
    Hi,

[I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. Sorry, if not]

My wife has a jailbroken iPod Touch and she always misplaces it in our house. I was wondering if there's an app that can run in the background that allows me to send a signal for it to make noise or something? I'm not sure what MobileMe's find my phone thing does (or if it even works with the Touch), but I don't have MobileMe anyway.

Does anyone know of such an app, or have a better idea?

As an example... One time, she dropped it outside in the snow and it was buried (seriously). I used the bluetooth headphones (I could start playing music with the play/pause button) that I had paired to it and walked around and marked locations where the connection was lost. It ended up being in the center of those markings...

I'm certain I've spent 15 hours looking around the house for this thing since I got it for her a year ago.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

well if u didnt have an app that did that to begin with,
    u cant find it using it

hahahaha

maybe I should have specified.... it's not currently lost, but I'm sure it will be soon. I'm trying to make it easier next time it's lost...

Thanks

oh haha there are many
    like ilocalis
    findmyi
    and there is one thats really good, cant remember the name but ill llook for it and tell u

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Does the touch have GPS? Also if outside of your wifi then it would become impossible for any of those programs to set off a tone because the touch would not recieve a signal.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Thanks

true only when in wifi will the touch work

Sweet. Thanks! Yeah she usually loses it around the house... I couldn't find Anything on google about these.

Battlecrushr, if you can think of the name of tha other one, let me know. I'm thinking ilocalis, but it has waaaay more features than I need. I'd prefer to keep a small footprint on an always running background app... Thanks again
    Last edited by McAlsop; 2010-03-24 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

Welcome to The M.H.A.
    this is pretty cool-its main function is so that your computer unlocks when you walk closer to it...but buried within is a program that shows you your phone's location on a radar...so you can walk with your computer (or just find out where from the screen if you don't have a laptop) until the dot is right under your nose
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

k cerebro is good and free
    and the one i was talking bout b4 that i remembered was longitude

Thanks a lot! I'm trying out cerebro for free and it seems to work pretty well. I don't think it changes the volume, though, so it might play music but at a low volume if she had it set low before she loses it.

Do you know if this is true? If it is, do one of the paid apps give you better options for making noise? Like, by setting the volume or something?

Thanks again, this is going to be a huge life saver...