Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to view icons in iPhone 1.1.3

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How to view icons in iPhone 1.1.3
    Hey there, hope this is right place to post (in case it's not, sorry!!) but I've just acquired a new iphone jailbroken and I can see all the 18 icons (the phone, mail, safari and ipod included hehe) but I've installed some other applications and I cannot see their icons to select and open them.

How can I do this?
    Any help is reaaaally appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

What version is your phone's firmware?

install "Summerboard"

Welcome to MMi

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Broomhead For This Useful Post:

dimpsogre (2008-03-19)

Hey Buddy, If you have JB 1.1.3. If you hold down one of the Icons for a couple of secs they should wiggle. If they do not wiggle then you are not jailbroken properly. Thats the first thing. If this is the case, connect to iTunes and do a restore, if not upgrade to 1.1.4 using iTunes.

Then go to www.ziphone.org and download the Break from there. Unzip the zip file on your computer. Follow the instructions in the Ziphone folder. you will see a text file.

Then do the break. I think the new version installs some basics. Like BSD Subsystem, openSSH etc. If not once you have JB and have the installer. Install the Community Sources. Install SSN and Openssh. Also install Summerboard. This allows you to scroll from screen to screen Right And left.

Once this is done your Icons should wiggle. Test and move them around. Move to the far right and it should shift on a new screen. Let go. New applications will appear on the screens going RIGHT. On web sites. Hit the Plus sign in the Middle botton and you can add WebApps and Bookmark Icons.

Hope this helps you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chriscoyne View Post
    Hey Buddy, If you have JB 1.1.3. If you hold down one of the Icons for a couple of secs they should wiggle. If they do not wiggle then you are not jailbroken properly. Thats the first thing. If this is the case, connect to iTunes and do a restore, if not upgrade to 1.1.4 using iTunes.

Then go to www.ziphone.org and download the Break from there. Unzip the zip file on your computer. Follow the instructions in the Ziphone folder. you will see a text file.

Then do the break. I think the new version installs some basics. Like BSD Subsystem, openSSH etc. If not once you have JB and have the installer. Install the Community Sources. Install SSN and Openssh. Also install Summerboard. This allows you to scroll from screen to screen Right And left.

Once this is done your Icons should wiggle. Test and move them around. Move to the far right and it should shift on a new screen. Let go. New applications will appear on the screens going RIGHT. On web sites. Hit the Plus sign in the Middle botton and you can add WebApps and Bookmark Icons.

Hope this helps you.

Don't use ZiPhone, it will make it worse eventually, use iPlus, much much more safer and won't fcuk up your iPhone like ZiPhone does.

Quote Originally Posted by aemreunal View Post
    Don't use ZiPhone, it will make it worse eventually, use iPlus, much much more safer and won't fcuk up your iPhone like ZiPhone does.
    Well I know iPlus and ZiPhone have much different unlocking methods like with the bootloader, but dont they use the same jailbreaking method?

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Well I know iPlus and ZiPhone have much different unlocking methods like with the bootloader, but dont they use the same jailbreaking method?
    no, they don't, use either iPlus or iJailBeak for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    no, they don't, use either iPlus or iJailBreak for it.
    Last edited by aemreunal; 2008-03-16 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost