Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weather app to show the actual weather on the icon? Can't get any to work

Default Weather app to show the actual weather on the icon? Can't get any to work
    I've tried to find a weather app that will show the actual weather on the icon instead of the apple stock one with 73 degrees on it. I've downloaded illumine Weather and Katra Weather Icon, but neither of them changes the icon. Am I missing something or just not using the right app?

It shows the temp up next to the battery, but it's never right either, always at least 10 degrees off.

Thanks.

You have to install "WeatherIcon" from Cydia.

I have that installed. Version 2.26. Is there something I'm supposed to mod withing the phone to make it work? No matter what I change in the settings, it won't change the icon on the springboard. If I select to use accuweather or the weather channel, it won't do it. Still uses the apple weather from yahoo no matter what I do.

Have you turned weathericon "on" under settings?

Yes, i have the icon turned on and the application it is set to is Accuweather. Thanks for the help so far

What weather app do you use? Cause thats what your supposed to set the icon too.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

abrrymnvette (2009-10-08)

Now I feel like an idiot. I thought the one you selected was the one it would pull the weather from. Me trying to make it more complicated than it needs to be. Got it working. Downloaded accuweather's app and set the icon to that.

Thanks a ton for pointing out my over complicating things! ha.

Glad you got it working. Thats the other nice thing about it, you can use it with any weather application. Even if its not listed you can custom link it. I use "The weather channel MAX" which isnt listed but have it working.