Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Way to add signature to text messages?

Default Way to add signature to text messages?
    A lot of my friend have that, i used to on my old phone but i dont see the option on iPhone. my phone is J/B, so is there anyway i can add a sig to texts?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Luigi453 For This Useful Post:

Lancegideon (2011-03-29)

Thanks

Ntiko....

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

nope but that sounds cool

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn as soon as I saw this thread I thought that this would have been sweet. Unfortunately I was let down. Damn.

Acctually you can do that; but it only works with swirlymms..so yea it's not really helpful but thought I'd throw that in there

Not that I know of, but you could just write your sig in notes then copy it, and paste it every time you text. Kind of a pain in the butt though

Thanks

i never thought about that. but it would be to much of a pain to do.

Thanks

Sig on a text? Don't they know who just sent it to them? Plus that would count towards your character limit.

Thanks

Ya they would know who sent it to them but it still would be cool to have one on it. A pic or something maybe.

BiteSMS has a signature feature. I've never used it, but it's there.

yeah some of the cydia texting apps have that feature, but it would be really cool if someone would incorporate it into the native SMS app, just like what they did with Yourtube.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaFX View Post
    yeah some of the cydia texting apps have that feature, but it would be really cool if someone would incorporate it into the native SMS app, just like what they did with Yourtube.
    Bottom line is the native SMS app blows, though. There are great apps like BiteSMS, iRealSMS, etc., out there that replace the native app and do an outstanding job -- and have features like signatures. For a couple of bucks it's worth it in my book.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I could see this if you used the 'Template' feature in some of the Native apps. Create a Template with your signature in it, open it up and type above it, then send it.

Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    Bottom line is the native SMS app blows, though. There are great apps like BiteSMS, iRealSMS, etc., out there that replace the native app and do an outstanding job -- and have features like signatures. For a couple of bucks it's worth it in my book.
    Yeah thats true, I guess im just old school but I would still like it better if most of the mods could be incorporated into the native apps or even just into the settings. otherwise you start getting an overload of icons just for simple add ons, mobile substrate processes etc.

that is why i like biteSMS so much. It looks just like the native SMS app with loads of new features! its great! and i use poof to make my messages app disappear, then rename biteSMS to Messages and change the icon to the messages icon and it seems like its completely native.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

That's cool. I use IrealSMS and set the default app to stock SMS within IrealSMS.