Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Appbackup no longer working for me on 3.0.

Default Appbackup no longer working for me on 3.0.
    Since yesterday, whenever I start up Appbackup, it tries to startup for about 3 seconds and then tosses me back out to the home screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times to no avail. I'm still on 3.0 firmware. The only unusual thing I've done lately is install Rock Your Phone on my phone. I also installed the privacy opt out from Cydia yesterday. Any ideas guys and gals? Thanks.

did you recently reinstall it? was it ever working previously?

the only time i had it crash on me was when 3.0 first came out. i played around with the permissions and finally got it to work. unfortunately i don't remember what i set the permissions as.

on a side note, i have the same issue on 3.1. i'm still trying to figure it out.

Thanks for the reply. But I've used this app numerous times in the past. It's a major part of my backup/restore routine. I would usually get this problem after restoring my app data after a FW restore. After a FW restore I would ssh the Appbackup data back on my phone, change the permissions and restore all my app data with it. After that I would usually get this problem and would just have to reinstall the app to get it working again. But this time I was just trying to backup my app data because I've been playing alot of new games lately and just wanted to get a current backup of all my data. But as a said, it won't even start up now. Even after several uninstalls/reinstalls. I dunno...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had the same problem and when I checked on Cydia the app is listed as a console app. "This package does not have an icon, and should not. to use this package you mush SSH into your device or use Mobile Terminal. If you do not recognize this package you probably should not be using it. To hide packages like these appearing in Cydia in the future yo can go under Manage. push Settings and change your user level to 'User'"

No author is now listed and after rebooting my phone the icon went away. I really don't understand the above quote, but it seems I am now out my $2.49 and no longer have an app that I really liked.

sstroud: You might have Appbackup confused with something else. Appbackup is free and I haven't encountered the problems you describing. I just bought a license for Chronus instead. Appbackup: it was nice knowin ya.

Green Apple
    Thanks

you're right. it's PkgBackUp that I'm having trouble with. Guess I should start a new thread.