Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Safari Setting

Default No Safari Setting
    Hello All.

I am running 3g w/3.0 firmware. I can longer find the Safari toggle in the Settings menu. I have uninstalled Extended Preferences and Supreme Preferences in the event that was the cause, but still does not show. Anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks,

I just discovered that the Safari selection shows up in Settings wnen I disable the LibHide setting in the SBSettings Mobile Substrate Addons menu. I need LibHide to use Categies and hide icons. Anyone else dealt with this issue?
    Last edited by rawland; 2009-09-15 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have the same type of issue... But it's the "mail" settings I cannot see. I also have extreme settings and categories. I'll disable that libhide to see if "mail" settings comes back.

Edit: I disabled "libhide", but.... U could have told me that doing that will throw all icons inside "categories" onto my springboard....
    Althought I was able to see "mail" app and disable push.... I then resumed libhide and now I still cannot save bookmarks within safari, with libhide disabled, I can properly save bookmarks. Looks like I will have to get rid of categories so I can use safari properly.
    Unless I can remove "libhide" without messing up categories?????

Oh, once I enabled "libhide" again... All app icons went back into categories.

So.... Can I get rid of libhide without messing up categories????

Since I know "libhide" is the reason for my several problems....
    Last edited by Sowhatu; 2009-09-24 at 01:50 AM. Reason: New info

i have the solution!!

- go to more in SBsettings
    - go to hide icons
    - unhide mail or safari or the app donīt showing in preferences

thatīs it!!

Extreme preferences & Supreme preferences not itīs the problem...