Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best Thrid Party SMS/MMS App for iPhone

Default Best Thrid Party SMS/MMS App for iPhone
    So, what is the best third party sms app for the iPhone? I don't really like the default app- I want features like MMS and quickreply, and features like that. I heard about biteSMS, how is it? It is good? What can it do? Any other good apps from Cydia..?
    I'm willing to pay a bit..

(20 questions ftw..lol)

Thanks,
    Josh
    Hope I helped

I ownz teh:
    Sexy Gaming Computer/Windoze 4gigsram
    iPhone 3g, Jailbroken
    Xbox 360 elite [with teh livez pm me for muh gamertag]
    a terrible wii
    an old xboxz
    and a nice big 56' tv.

In my opinion iRealSMS. And their new 3.0 update is almost finished and it's going to be even better including great MMS support..... Try it out, you'll love it.

I have had biteSMS for a while and i have been very happy with it. I tried iReal and it always had alot of little bugs when i would use it. I like biteSMS alot because it looks identical to the native SMS app + lots of awesome features and they always update with more!

iPhone? More like MyPhone JustinPizzle's Avatar
    Thanks

bitesms is nice.
    i like that it looks identical to the stock app
    and the time stamps are nice too (you tap and hold a message as if to copy, and the date and time the message was received comes up next to it discretely)

its very stable, and the quick reply and quick compose are well formated and simple to use.

the over all feel of bite is nice.
    i always felt like all the other ones were made by programers not graphic designers.
    since bite uses apples format for the messaging, (its 99.9% identical) it keeps that elegant feel while giving you all the other features.
    If i helped you, clicking thanks would be nice

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I didn't feel a new one was necessary.

Can anyone recommend a good quickreply sms app? Right now I would like one that doesn't interfere with the UI, which is why I have popup blocker installed. Don't need that bubble annoying me and I know a lot of quickreply sms apps out there utilize the bubble.

Basic Setup:
    iPhone 2g 3.0 windows xp
    popup blocker
    lockscreeninfo
    status notifier

I had quicksms which seemed like the best option for me, but it wasn't playing well with my lockscreeninfo so I'm searching for different options. If push comes to shove, I may just have to pick one or the other, but I'd like to have both.

I just want an app that doesn't pop up but I could use the home or volume buttons to open over other applications if need be. I'm even willing to try a combo of sms apps that could maybe give me the same results.

Thanks in advance.
    "Thanks" button. Learn it. Use it. Love it.

biteSMS > all.

it's fast, it looks good and the quick reply is the best.

iRealSMS 3.0 is going to launch a public beta soon... we launched a private beta today and the response was great! Im hoping we can win you and some of the bite crowd over when this update hits. The UI will be based off the apple messages app.
    We will retain all current features but with a new User Interface that is right up to speed with apples current setup!
    -Create: Templates or Drafts with ease! And to use them is just as easy!
    -Use of Folders Mode: INBOX SENT OUTBOX TEMPLATE DRAFTS setup.
    -Search Feature: search SMS by Name, Text or both.
    -The app will have full MMS support! This is to say that you have MMS already active on your iPhone.
    -Smilies/emoji support = converts ascii emoji into iPhone graphic emoji.. in the same fashion as you see on message boards.
    -New revamped QuickReply & QuickSend (new look, contact search is updated to mimic the exact way the messages app searches for contacts + more).
    -Finally nailed the landscape Quickreply/QuickSend the way we intended the first time around.
    -iRealNetwork: Option to Purchase cheap outgoing SMS credits if your carrier is charging too much(I dont have pricing yet, the dev needs to work that out).
    -The interface is just smart and slick.

I'll announce in full detail with screenshots soon. Those were just a few highlights.. dont want to give everything away just yet.
    But all bugs in the current version have been resolved. This update is not only a facelift, but makes the app much cleaner and easier to use the current features... and we have added a couple more options/features that we know you all will appreciate. In about a week the choice will be clear as to whom has the best SMS/MMS app available for the iPhone. I really think we are going to provide you all with a product that will show you how the apple Messages app would be if the guys at apple weren't so close minded.
    We are in the final stages of bug fixes/memory management. So a beta release will soon follow.

FYI iRealQuickSMS will also get an update: But will not include all the new feautres to the QuickReply/QuickSend. But all bugs will be resolved.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to reznor9 For This Useful Post:

iPhoneMadness (2009-11-04)

Quote Originally Posted by reznor9 View Post
    iRealSMS 3.0 is going to launch a public beta soon... we launched a private beta today and the response was great! Im hoping we can win you and some of the bite crowd over when this update hits. The UI will be based off the apple messages app.
    We will retain all current features but with a new User Interface that is right up to speed with apples current setup!
    -Create: Templates or Drafts with ease! And to use them is just as easy!
    -Use of Folders Mode: INBOX SENT OUTBOX TEMPLATE DRAFTS setup.
    -Search Feature: search SMS by Name, Text or both.
    -The app will have full MMS support! This is to say that you have MMS already active on your iPhone.
    -Smilies/emoji support = converts ascii emoji into iPhone graphic emoji.. in the same fashion as you see on message boards.
    -New revamped QuickReply & QuickSend (new look, contact search is updated to mimic the exact way the messages app searches for contacts + more).
    -Finally nailed the landscape Quickreply/QuickSend the way we intended the first time around.
    -iRealNetwork: Option to Purchase cheap outgoing SMS credits if your carrier is charging too much(I dont have pricing yet, the dev needs to work that out).
    -The interface is just smart and slick.

I'll announce in full detail with screenshots soon. Those were just a few highlights.. dont want to give everything away just yet.
    But all bugs in the current version have been resolved. This update is not only a facelift, but makes the app much cleaner and easier to use the current features... and we have added a couple more options/features that we know you all will appreciate. In about a week the choice will be clear as to whom has the best SMS/MMS app available for the iPhone. I really think we are going to provide you all with a product that will show you how the apple Messages app would be if the guys at apple weren't so close minded.
    We are in the final stages of bug fixes/memory management. So a beta release will soon follow.

FYI iRealQuickSMS will also get an update: But will not include all the new feautres to the QuickReply/QuickSend. But all bugs will be resolved.
    Do you have any screenshots you would be able to provide us with? BiteSMS recently came out w/ landscape quick reply as well and it works awesome. I tried out your app a long time ago but switched because of the speed and honestly it didn't look attractive.

Sure... and thanks for your honesty.
    This update is fast, functional and attractive.
    Check it out here: http://modmyi.com/forums/native-ipho...0-preview.html

or at our forum at

iRealSMS - your REAL native landscape SMS app on the iPhone • View topic - Introducing iRealSMS 3.0
    There is a lot of screenshots there.
    Last edited by reznor9; 2009-11-08 at 07:14 AM.