Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: statusnotifier 3.0

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Default statusnotifier 3.0
    Im not sure if im allowed to post this or not since this repo features cracked apps, however this one is not cracked. The sinful iphone repo has statusnotifier (3.0) which seems to be working so far so good on my 3gs. I have been wanting statusnotifier since 3.0 and I'm guessing others have too so I figured i'd share.

Notifier (not status notifier) works just fine on my 3GS anyways.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

True I just prefer the statusnotifier icons I guess

^Lol, I have all the Notifier icons themed...hahahahaha

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Lol, I have all the Notifier icons themed...hahahahaha
    Care to share?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

^Right now Im just using the ones included with the iElegance Pro theme from here. There are also ones included with the standard iElegance theme here.

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    True I just prefer the statusnotifier icons I guess
    I also prefer Status Notifier, because it has a "silent ringer" icon... lets you know when the iPhone's ringer switch is off. I prefer this to having to feel/look at the hardware switch to check it's status... especially in a darkened theater. Notifier doesn't have this icon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    I also prefer Status Notifier, because it has a "silent ringer" icon... lets you know when the iPhone's ringer switch is off. I prefer this to having to feel/look at the hardware switch to check it's status... especially in a darkened theater. Notifier doesn't have this icon.
    Yes it does!

Quote Originally Posted by theplague View Post
    Yes it does!
    Ah, all I saw were prefs for Calls, Voicemail, Messages, Mail, MMS, IM, and Calendar. I didn't realize that "Silence" would work regardless. I just installed Notifier again to check and sure enough, it does work....

I didn't think to tap this, that was unintuitive:

Best I can tell now, the 3.x version of Status Notifier works okay in 3.1.2. It's one benefit seems to be that it's activated by the Settings app, doesn't take up an icon space on the Springboard.

Notifier on the other hand, has a setting for "work interval" so you can disable reminders for the middle of the night. You can set it to show icons (small or large) on the lock screen. You can set different "monitored apps" for Mail, SMS, and IM. You can also set different sounds for each different kind of app reminder/notification.

I think I'll stick with Notifier (aka "Reminder") after all. Thanks for the assist!
    Last edited by Fofer; 2010-01-08 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fofer View Post
    Ah, all I saw were prefs for Calls, Voicemail, Messages, Mail, MMS, IM, and Calendar. I didn't realize that "Silence" would work regardless. I just installed Notifier again to check and sure enough, it does work....

I didn't think to tap this, that was unintuitive:

Best I can tell now, the 3.x version of Status Notifier works okay in 3.1.2. It's one benefit seems to be that it's activated by the Settings app, doesn't take up an icon space on the Springboard.

Notifier on the other hand, has a setting for "work interval" so you can disable reminders for the middle of the night. You can set it to show icons (small or large) on the lock screen. You can set different "monitored apps" for Mail, SMS, and IM. You can also set different sounds for each different kind of app reminder/notification.

I think I'll stick with Notifier (aka "Reminder") after all. Thanks for the assist!
    Cool.

Concerning the Work Interval feature - do you actually get it to work? For me the "app" just crashes when pressing the "Work Interval" box.

Yes, works over here. I tap it and a clock wheel appears, for "from" time and "to" time.

Sweet! I never new that icon was a button! Just stopped me switching apps too!

Now to find a way that numerical battery percentage don't get in the way of the mail icon? Any ideas?