Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wow! Springback is awesome!

Default Wow! Springback is awesome!
    I can't believe I had never heard of it! What it does is backup wjere your icons are, and even your stacks, so if you have five column springboard, then you go into safemode and it rearranges all your apps, all you have to do is restore from the backup and everything is back where it was. Thank goodness for this because i help test betas once and a while, and get put into safe mood a lot! Haha

Dan (:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zym5 For This Useful Post:

GodzillaAteMyiPhone (2009-07-25)

Good to know, I'll be checking this out. Thanks.

Wow this is pretty sweet. Is it fairly new? How does it store the backup? iTunes? This will come in handy when I need to do a restore or upgrade the firmware.

I just tried Springback and all I can say is WOW! This has got to be one the most useful apps on Cydia. I used it to save my icon locations on all the different themes I use. Which is a fantastic use for it. Now I can switch between Vista Live and Glass Orb in like 2 minutes as opposed to about 10!
    One question though. Does anyone know the file tree so that I can SSH in and backup my backups? Or do they sync with iTunes or something? Thanks.
    Last edited by Cory Gillmore; 2009-07-22 at 04:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

/private/var/mobile/Library/SpringBack

Yes, you can SSH your Springback backups back and forth... handy if you have to restore!
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

Yeah, I ended up finding it with a little poking around but thanks though. This is a very handy app!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Its very handy, Springback and PkgBackUp are great for backing up your phone

Sup Stealth, did you get a chance to put Pkgbackup to use? Hbzl ( I think that's his name) is supposed to be putting it to use today or whenever his 3GS gets in. I'm anxious to hear how that goes. I'm putting Springback to good use by backing up all my different theme's icon arrangments. Some themes can be a real pain to set up but since I've been using Springback, I've only gotta do em once and just back em up.
    I swear, I should've jailbroken 2 years ago. I will never go without a jailbroken iPhone again since I know now what they're capable of. It's great.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ Yea, I used it this morning! It works really well

Nice. You should post the details in my Pkgbackup or Appbackup thread!

EDIT: Aptbackup I mean
    Last edited by Cory Gillmore; 2009-07-22 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Kool I have been wanting an app like this ever since I got more than 2 pages which was like 2yrs ago lol so this works ok on 3GS?

guys, my springback does not function. It does not backup anything when i launched it to backup the screen formation. I am using iphone 2G 3.0 JB

Pls help!

Cool, thanks for the tip. Just installed it (for use with aptbackup).
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Hey everyone i need some help im installing Lopeard 3.0 BETA 3a theme on my phone and i am having one problem they give u a file to ssh into springback and they tell u to go to users/library/springback but there is no such folder i have looked around for a library folder for springback and cannot find it can anyone help

Make sure it's installed through cydia. If t is installed make sure you open the app up. Once you launch the app once it will auto-create the folder in your var/mobile/library directory.