Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: redirect audio to bluetooth headset

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default redirect audio to bluetooth headset
    i'm looking for a app/way to redirect the audio to my bluetooth headset. i know that a2dp will work for stereo, but i want to see if there's a way to do with with any single ear headsest. i listen to lots more podcasts than music, so the audio quality does not have to be stellar.

A2DP is required to listen to any audio on a bluetooth headset. So you'd have to buy a bluetooth headset that supported it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @cpjr-there used to be a hack that allowed this to work with 1.1.4 (T4 Show Blog Archive Listen to iPhone Audio Through Bluetooth Headset), but it doesn't work with 3.0. so i *believe* its possible.

Dont know that you will find what you want as I "think" the headset itself has to support it. Jabra 8040 is the only single piece headset that I know of that does Bluetooth audio. I bought a cpl as they can be had cheap as hell now. I listen to lots of talk radio on sirius and use the single piece headset to do so. My only complaint with the headset is its lack of high volume.

Yes there is/was a hack that would allow THE PHONE to support it.

But the headset still has to support A2DP in the first place.

So no go.

And yes bschucher the Jabra 8040 is the only single ear headest that has A2DP.....you can grab em off ebay for like $20, got my fiance one....well, actually 2, cause she will eventually loose it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ... got my fiance one....well, actually 2, cause she will eventually loose it
    Now that's funny. Sounds like someone's been there -- done that many times before !!

I can't find a solution either. There used to be a few workarounds for this, but not with OS 3.0. I'd write a iPhone prog to redirect the audio if I knew how. (And if I had a Mac) The iPhone can technically support it, because you can play a song while you're on the phone and it comes through the earpiece. This means the phone has the capabilities to covert the stream to mono, and to send it through the bluetooth device. Coupled with backgrounder, it would be a great solution... open the bluetooth-redirect app, then send the app to the background.

This would most likely port all sounds to the headset, not just music. So it might cause a few things not to work as expected, but no major problems.

I was able to get a Jabra BT8040 on ebay today for less than 14 buck delivered. Missed the one that sold for 7 dollars.. Theres your solution right there. Im gonna buy a handful of them since they are discontinued and ill lose em...