Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailBroke 3GS SpringBoard Keeps Crashing

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrBigDrawsz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default JailBroke 3GS SpringBoard Keeps Crashing
    Any idea's what's causing this? Whenever I have my phone charging the Springboard will crash 2 or 3 times and I have to restart it. It's no big deal unless I have the 5 row app installed but it's just frustrating as hell.

Any ideas what's causing this and is anybody else having this same issue?

Try uninstalling 5 Row Springboard and see if that is what causes the problems.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I had the exact same problem and ended up removing 5 row and 5 column. It was just too much of a pain to have to rearrange the icons. I read that its more common for the springboard to crash if you plug the phone into your computer to charge instead of a wall charger.

I had the same issue, I actually noticed that it would crash while charging after exactly 30 mins. I realized that the only thing with that frequency was the refresh of the Weather Icon.
    Weather icon had an update come down on Monday I think, which is when the crashing started.
    Yesterday a new Weather Icon update came through and no charging crashes since. I seriously doubt it has anything to do with 5-icon dock or 5-column springboard... I have both and neither has ever caused any issues for me.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

Donbo (2009-08-10)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MrBigDrawsz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I uninstalled both the 5 row springboards and that didn't stop it. It definitely happens more when plugged into the computer, but has happened when plugged into the wall.

Wish this could get fixed because I really do miss my 5 columns.

i am also seeing these crashes.
    i don't have 5row/column springboard, but i do have 5 icon dock, i doubt that's the issue.

but i do have WeatherIcon!

and yes, these crashes are definitely happening more when i'm charging my phone (i'm using a wall charger).

peepz, try turning off WeatherIcon in Settings, see if that helps with your crashes..

if not, try uninstalling...
    Last edited by spam_artist; 2009-07-16 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to spam_artist For This Useful Post:

Donbo (2009-08-10)

Are you referring to the weather icon that came with phone or a cydia app?
    iphone 3gs having same springboard error with no apps running.