Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings got my phone into endless restart loop!

Default SBSettings got my phone into endless restart loop!
    I have a 3G with 3.0. Jailbroken and unlocked with Cydia.

Everything was working fine until I updated SBSettings to ver 3.0-1 and since then My phone will boot to the Apple logo and freeze there for about 5-7 minutes. Then it will reboot again.

I can browse the phone's file system with iPhoneBrowser but I could not find the SBSettings file content info to know which files to remove.

Can anyone help? I want to avoid a restore.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hmm, not sure, but you can try removing (keep a backup) /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.bigboss.sbsettingsd.plist and then restart your iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had the same problem... I just ended up restoring

I think its the new "clean memory" switch SBSettings has

I ended up restoring.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just do a hard reset and it will take it out of the loop, then it'll work perfect!

I have same problem but during installation of SB Setting it mentioned that bigboss sbsetting.plist no such file or directory found, mine is 3GS -3.1.2

What do you mean? All you need to do is SSH or use USB and navigate to /Library/MobileSubstrste/DynamicLibraries/ and rename SBSettings.dylib to SBSettings.disabled and then restart the phone. IF SBSettings is the culprit, then you will have a working phone again. Just go back in and rename it to dylib before you uninstall or reinstall to make cleanup easier for Cydia.

And as an FYI, do this to any MS (Mobile Substrate) extention if you install said extention and then end up in SWOD (Spinning Wheel of Death).
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!