Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Infamous "Cannot connect to youtube" problem

Default Infamous "Cannot connect to youtube" problem
    I have a jailbroken 16GB 1.1.4 iPhone. It is unlocked using ZiPhone. When I try to use youtube, I get an error message that says "Cannot Connect To YouTube". I installed YouTube Activatior 1.1.4 which is supposed to fix this problem. I re-booted, and still no dice. Does anyone know any way to fix this problem without restoring? I would really rather not restore but if thats what needs to be done, then I guess I have no choice.

Default Cannot Connect To YouTube
    When I try to use youtube, I get an error message that says cannot connect to youtube. I tryed following the steps on http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/y...-fix.html#more but I also cannot connect using winSCP. Any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated. I would really rather not restore.

Have you tried the fixes on Installer?

Yes, I installed YouTube activator for 1.1.4 and no luck. I think I will just have to restore.

Even after restore and jailbreaking again with ZiPhone, still no dice with youtube.
    Last edited by jaghockey; 2008-03-14 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try this... go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings, then restart your phone.

That's what worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by freakoftheindustry View Post
    Try this... go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset All Settings, then restart your phone.

That's what worked for me.
    many people has the same problem incluid me ! I already try all kind of possible solution but nothing work is not solution? No where intaller youtube activator restoring change the three files on the delete activaton history ,and also i try 1.1.3 an jailbreak 1.1.4 with ziphone 2.5 nothing work !! A and also reset all settings no youtube and no yahoo mail thats not good !! Any other help or possible solution thanks on front

Thanks

i too have the same exact problem...im on 1.1.4 firmware and jailbroke with ziphone 2.5...i cant get youtube to work no matter what i do...those "youtube fix" files in installer dont do anything i think they are b/s or somthin i donno

Im on it phone, so I can't search around to easily, but try googling around because there are other solutions foe this problem...

the utube fix on installer is for when it gives u the error message connect to itunes before you can use youtube.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MalayZN For This Useful Post:

sirenaenburbuja (2008-04-06)

I got the same problem using iPlus 2.0b and was able to fix it...

AT&T Users only!! Cannot connect to YouTube ??

It seems like it has to do with the iPlus activation, which is something AT&T users don't need since iTunes will activate it normally.
    I restored to the stock 1.1.4, and let iTunes activate my iPhone. Then, I modified the iplus.bat file to remove activation; enable
    jailbreak and unlock.

1. Use iTunes to restore your firmware to stock 1.1.4 and let iTunes activate your iPhone.
    2. Download iPlus (http://ipluspwns.com/)
    3. Replace the following text in the iplus.bat batch file:

if "%1" NEQ "-u" GOTO :NO_UNLOCK
    echo JAILBREAK=1;ACTIVATE=1;UNLOCK=1 # > iplus.options
    GOTO :PUT_OPTIONS
    :NO_UNLOCK
    echo JAILBREAK=1;ACTIVATE=1;UNLOCK=0 # > iplus.options
    echo UNLOCK=0; >> iplus.options

rem ipdo switches: "-j" to jailbreak, "-u" to unlock, "-a" to activate
    ipdo -a -j %1
    with:

if "%1" NEQ "-u" GOTO :NO_UNLOCK
    echo JAILBREAK=1;ACTIVATE=0;UNLOCK=1 # > iplus.options
    GOTO :PUT_OPTIONS
    :NO_UNLOCK
    echo JAILBREAK=1;ACTIVATE=0;UNLOCK=0 # > iplus.options
    echo UNLOCK=0; >> iplus.options

rem ipdo switches: "-j" to jailbreak, "-u" to unlock, "-a" to activate
    ipdo -j %1
    4. Run the batch file. Jailbreak (and unlock) should begin automatically.
    Last edited by batcage; 2008-03-18 at 06:28 AM. Reason: removed activation switch from "ipdo" cmd

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SMW22792 For This Useful Post:

GatorKnight904 (2008-06-06)

Is that .bat file used if you're running the script from the Mac command line? Also, anyone else had this method work for them? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by SMW22792 View Post
    No thanks. I did this last week, it didn't work, and I had to re-build all the preferences that this method wipes out. Worse than a waste of time.
    Last edited by punkassjim; 2008-03-18 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, the iplus.bat file is for Windows. I have only tested this method on Windows Vista.

AT&T Users only!! Sorry, I don't know how to fix YouTube for users in other networks.

For AT&T users on MAC, the script is named "iplus" with no extension.

1. Use iTunes to restore your firmware to stock 1.1.4 and let iTunes activate your iPhone.
    2. Download iPlus (http://ipluspwns.com/)
    3. Replace the following text in the iplus script file:

echo "JAILBREAK=1" > iplus.options
    echo "ACTIVATE=1" >> iplus.options

# ipdo switches: "-j" to jailbreak; "-u" to unlock; "-a" to activate
    ./ipdo -a -j $1
    with

echo "JAILBREAK=1" > iplus.options
    echo "ACTIVATE=0" >> iplus.options

# ipdo switches: "-j" to jailbreak; "-u" to unlock; "-a" to activate
    ./ipdo -j $1
    4. Run the iplus script file. Jailbreak (and unlock) should begin automatically.

Note: If you want to see what iPlus does when "ACTIVATE" is 1, open payload.zip and look at do_payload.sh. This is an excerpt:

if [ "$|{ACTIVATE}" == "1" ]; then
    echo "iPhone fake activation..."
    do_cmd "Patching lockdownd..." unzip -o -q -K -X //Lockdownd.zip -d /usr/libexec/
    echo "Activating youtube..."
    mkdir -p /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown
    cp //YouTube/data_ark.plist /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/
    cp //YouTube/device_private_key.pem /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/
    cp //YouTube/device_public_key.pem /private/var/root/Library/Lockdown/
    echo "Activation completed"
    fi
    Last edited by batcage; 2008-03-18 at 06:25 AM. Reason: added notice for AT&T users only

Quote Originally Posted by batcage View Post
    No, the iplus.bat file is for Windows. I have only tested this method on Windows Vista.

For MAC users, the script is named "iplus" with no extension.

Replace the following in the iplus script file:

with

If you want to see what iPlus does when "ACTIVATE" is 1, open payload.zip and look at do_payload.sh. This is an excerpt:
    ok i did that and everything is running fine but now when i connect to itunes it gives me a "The sim card inserted does not appear to be supported." I ahve a T-Mobile sim in there...

Thanks in Advance..

Sorry, I should've made it clearer that my solution is for AT&T users only because they don't need the iPlus activation (iTunes activates your iPhone automatically if you're a legit AT&T customer). The iPlus activation seems to break YouTube for AT&T customers, though others in different networks may have YouTube working. If I were you, I'd try to activate the iPhone with iPlus/Ziphone, and if that doesn't work, do a restore to 1.1.4, then run the original/unmodified iPlus/Ziphone script (with jailbreak, activate, and unlock all enabled).

Then, you might want to try this YouTube fix (I don't know if it works):

Quote Originally Posted by SMW22792 View Post
    Last edited by batcage; 2008-03-18 at 06:16 AM.

OK, I've gone in and figured it out. The shell script inside the payload.zip file needs to be edited. Apparently, editing the iplus.bat and iplus.options files didn't do the trick (at least, in my case). The log file still showed activation was happening.

But once I modified the do_payload.sh file inside the payload.zip file, everything was right with the world. While I was in there, I also removed the International and Brazilian crap (why that's included and required in wide release, I'll never know), and also disabled the whole "move my fonts and ringtones" section. I have no need for that; I've got plenty of space for the few applications I want, and my iTunes Library space is very precious to me.

Anyway, if interested, see attached for my modified version of iPlus. This is only for AT&T users who aren't SIM-unlocking their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by punkassjim View Post
    OK, I've gone in and figured it out. The shell script inside the payload.zip file needs to be edited. Apparently, editing the iplus.bat and iplus.options files didn't do the trick (at least, in my case). The log file still showed activation was happening.

But once I modified the do_payload.sh file inside the payload.zip file, everything was right with the world. While I was in there, I also removed the International and Brazilian crap (why that's included and required in wide release, I'll never know), and also disabled the whole "move my fonts and ringtones" section. I have no need for that; I've got plenty of space for the few applications I want, and my iTunes Library space is very precious to me.

Anyway, if interested, see attached for my modified version of iPlus. This is only for AT&T users who aren't SIM-unlocking their phones.
    I'm not sure if the log file reflects what's actually going on, but in any case, this is definitely a much cleaner solution. I figured it was easier to modify a few lines in the iplus file than to unzip/modify/zip. Though, it's not terribly more difficult to do the cleaner alternative.

I also noticed the same thing with the unnecessary Brazil/International packs.

One might also choose not to install anything but Installer.app, especially since BSD Subsystem contains some faulty binaries (http://www.saurik.com/id/1) that are corrected with the installation of Cydia/Telesphoreo (add http://apptapp.saurik.com to your Installer sources).

I have the same issue... I unlocked my 16 gig iphone with ziphone 2.5 and I get the same issue with youtube not connecting. Seems to be an issue noone has a real fix for. I have been searching high and low! Anyone find anything solid yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ximpostrxx View Post
    Same here, I just got my iPhone yesterday and was having troubles with the YouTube error.
    Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast