Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saving games in Frotz

Default Saving games in Frotz
    I have a quick question regarding saving games in Frotz on a 1.1.4 iphone -- Just how does one go about saving a game in progress? When I type in "save", the system asks for a file name but then when I try to save I get back the error: "Failed".

Do I need to manually create a saved games folder? Or am I missing out on something else?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mestoph View Post
    I have a quick question regarding saving games in Frotz on a 1.1.4 iphone -- Just how does one go about saving a game in progress? When I type in "save", the system asks for a file name but then when I try to save I get back the error: "Failed".

Do I need to manually create a saved games folder? Or am I missing out on something else?

Thanks!
    Bump. Anyone have a solution for this?

Quote Originally Posted by mestoph View Post

Thanks!
    I just figured this out.

Create a folder in /private/var/root/Media/Frotz

This is the folder that should contain your Games folder (where you copy your .z5, .dat, or whatever) game files.

The folder you create should be called "Saves", .ie "/private/var/root/Media/Frotz/Saves"

Use WinSCP or SSH to set this folders permissions to 0777 and that's it.

The way I found this out is I created a file called blah.sav and moved this around the iPod file system until I could see the file in the Frotz .Sav explorer (typing ! when selecting to save a file, for example).

I hit the nugget after creating the folder as mentioned above and moving the file in there.

Strangely, there was no information about this folder ANYWHERE, neither on the iphonefrotz googlecode page or any other IF repository.

Hope this helps anyone else with this problem as I am now able to save my game in any Storyline!
    Last edited by Exel; 2008-04-07 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost