Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Boss Tool Prob

Default Boss Tool Prob
    OK so last night I used Boss Tool! Let me tell you guys what I did and what happened. I am sure I did something wrong but here goes. Ok you know how it says move the fonts first...well did that and it said I had 109mb left...whoot! I was happy. Then stupid me turned off the touch and tried to turn it back on (never had a chance to move apps) I guess I wasn't supposed to do that because I got the apple logo w/ the loading spinning wheel. It would go on and on and on then reset again and continue w/ the same thing again. So I never got past the apple logo. I turned it off completely and I had to recover and re-jailbreak. Everything is back to normal, but I don't understand what I did wrong. Everyone else's is working so I was like wtf how did I screw up? So was I supposed to restart after I moved the fonts? Was I supposed to go ahead and move apps over right after the fonts? Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

As far as I can tell you didn't do anything wrong. You may want to try installing Cydia and let this program move all the apps/fonts/ringtones for you while it installs. Then there is no need for BossTool and you have 2 Installer programs!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

eyecandy0420 (2008-03-13)

Ah ok I didn't know Cydia did that! I will try that and see how that turns out.

Thanks

I didn't either... I installed it and then installed BossTool and went to free up space and it said "Already done" on all 3 things which was awesome.

So do you have any problems with installing things from Cydia? Also does your original installer still work? I just read the stickied post about cydia and some where saying the installer will crash.

Thanks

I run them both side by side and have not had any problems to date.

Ok so here I go...please dont go anywhere so there are 2 cydia in installer....the cydia packager and the cydia manual refresh...i'm taking install the packager 1st? nm..that's what i do just read from his site.