Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Notice!

Default Notice!
    Im getting the the following error when opening installer "Notice You should add to the Path: /var/root/bin" and i can not do anything after this. Any suggestions?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

how did you jailbreak your iphone???

MMi Ziphone tool

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

did it complete ok, no interuptions. sounds like its not installed proper, instead of messing around with sshing files and what not id re-jailbreak it, see if that fixes problems.

Could this mean i ran out of space? I kept getting a message when downloading apps "running out of space" then after like 2 more apps i had this message and it froze up the problem is i cant even unstall any apps to find out if thats the problem?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Yes you ran out of space and you will have to restore and start fresh. The first thing I would to do correct this problem is install Cydia which moves all your fonts/apps/ringtones out of the system partition so this doesn't happen. The other way would be to use BossTool and go to "free disk space" and do it manually.

So you are telling me i have to restore my phone ? Are you kidding? does the mmi zipphone unlock work with 1.1.4? There has to be another way?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Think of it like this. If the hard drive on your PC gets so full that it can't even move files around it will be in complete gridlock and be non-functional. This is what you have done to the system partition of the iphone which is only 300MB. RESTORE to 1.1.4 and then use the ziphone program to unlock.jailbreak.. ect. Then use of the 2 methods I suggested above to free up space. FYI after you jailbreak with ziphone you only have about 40MB of free space with fills up QUICK if you use summerboard and customize.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watsgoodg View Post
    So you are telling me i have to restore my phone ? Are you kidding? does the mmi zipphone unlock work with 1.1.4? There has to be another way?
    Just SSH into your device, remove 2 or 3 apps, install bosstool, move apps, fonts, and ringtones.... then try installing the apps again... Or like they said earlier, move the apps manually and create symbolic links.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)