Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bug on installer 3.01! We MUST solve it...

Default Bug on installer 3.01! We MUST solve it...
    First, sorry for my bad English.

I've a problem with this new installer. After installing a lot of apps (I've 5 or 6 desktops in my ipod touch), and closing the installer, it crashes....... The ipod, after some minutes, automatically reboot and stay black with the apple logo on the front......and it's permanently blocked. So I'd to restore it and jaibroke with Ziphone (windows procedure obviously). The procedure worked perfecty every time I do it.

The previous installer never crashed o my ipod touch 16 GB version 1.1.3 (soft upgrade).....and now the new one crashes one time on 1.1.3 firmware and 3 times on 1.1.4 firm!!!

I don't think it's my fault but probably the new installer 3.01 have a bug.
    Probably the bug appear when you install too many apps.

How can we solve this issue?
    Can you try if it's a common problem?

Thanks so much.

I hope my post is useful to produce a bugfix!

Hi....

It is not a bug. With 1.1.3 you have a 80 app limit. If you go over the limit your phone hangs and will not start till you uninstall apps. You do not need to restore just delete some apps manually. Summerboard 3.2 is supposed to fix this issue, but I did not try it myself.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.

I read it searching in google.........now I'm trying with Summerborad 3.2 installed...

SummerBoard 3.2 work perfectly and fix the bug of 80 apps limits!

Bye!
    Last edited by teooooo; 2008-03-14 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Glad it worked. Enjoy all your apps.
    Don't be shy if I helped you use the Thanks button, I do it.