Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: activatemms2g?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i'm on t-mobile. i actually deleted swirly and mms stopped working. i reinstalled swirly and it started working again. i'm on os3 using swirly v2.1.1 released yesterday. both apps recognize the mms. for now, i've hid swirly. the native sms app displays the preview of the pic. pics recevied taken with standard iphone camera are low quality but pics taken with snapture are high res.

oh, and i guess i take back the $6 wasted since this stopped working the moment i deleted swirly

yes this works but use these setting (just send a message trying to see if they receive it)

Make sure "Data Roaming" - ON
    Cellular Data:
    APN - wap.voicestream.com
    Username -
    Password -

MMS:
    Username -
    Password -
    MMSC - 216.155.104.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy - 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size -
    MMS UA Prof URL -

iPhone? More like MyPhone DJ420a's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, I give up. This is what Ive done to try to get this app to work.

Restore to rid the phone of Swirly2
    Rejailbroke and Unlocked with RedSn0w
    Installed ActivateMMS2

even tried the extra app> APN settings

What am I missing or doing wrong? I am not getting the Cellular data option under Network.....I get nada

Pleeeeease help lol

2G....3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone DayumQuitPlayin's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    not necessarily, Swirly 2 works on 3.0 and if u have the cracked version of Swirly there is a way to use the old swirly on 3.0 without upgrading. since he said he paid $6 that means he upgraded. hes on swirly 2 on 3.0 firmware.
    I tried using the new Swirly and it would always crash and reboot my iPhone. Didn't know it was fixed. I checked yesterday and didn't find a fix for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ksiphone View Post
    i'm on t-mobile. i actually deleted swirly and mms stopped working. i reinstalled swirly and it started working again. i'm on os3 using swirly v2.1.1 released yesterday. both apps recognize the mms. for now, i've hid swirly. the native sms app displays the preview of the pic. pics recevied taken with standard iphone camera are low quality but pics taken with snapture are high res.

oh, and i guess i take back the $6 wasted since this stopped working the moment i deleted swirly
    How did you get Swirly to work for you? Would you recommend Swirly over using NativeMMS? I'm sure you can do more stuff, but isn't it nicer to just have SMS/MMS in one app? I rather it be in one app personally.

Mine is hanging up at 90 something % too... but it did allow for sending mms so thats a step forward hopefully we'll get it working soon
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

Thanks

check cydia... swirly version 2.1.1 released last night. fixes crash/reboot problem. i like it in one app... hopefully mms functions in irealsms soon as i prefer that to both the nativef and swirly.

like i said earlier though, the native app stopped working once i deleted swirly... i have no idea why.

EDIT i realsms now has mms!! i still have swirly installed however, so that might be whats making my 2g work.
    Last edited by ksiphone; 2009-06-28 at 11:35 PM.

Any idea when this will be released for 3G?

Default it works tmobile
    tmobile only 2g iphone swirly must not be installed

with the help with all of yalls post i figured out a solution i got it working

step1. download activatemms2g from cydia then reboot

step2. go two cellular data network reset setting

tmobile only 2g iphone

with the help with all of yalls post i figured out a solution i got it working

step1. download activatemms2g from cydia then reboot

step2. go two cellular data network reset setting

step3. enter these settings

Cellular Data:
    Username -
    Password -... Read More

MMS:
    Username -
    Password -
    MMSC - 216.155.104.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Max Message Size -
    MMS UA Prof URL -

step4 go home then reboot

step 5 happy mms
    Last edited by RICCO21; 2009-06-28 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i got my MMS to work by installing the new swirly, not activating it or anything, just install it and then u will be able to receive msgs as well as send.

hi all has anyone got this working on tmobile UK?
    ive tried these setting
    Cellular Data:
    Username -
    Password -

MMS:
    Username -
    Password -
    MMSC - http://216.155.104.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Max Message Size -
    MMS UA Prof URL -

and settings for swirly and tried settings of another phone.
    please helped

hi all has anyone got this working on tmobile UK?
    ive tried these setting
    Cellular Data:
    Username -
    Password -

MMS:
    Username -
    Password -
    MMSC - http://216.155.104.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Max Message Size -
    MMS UA Prof URL -

and settings for swirly and tried settings of another phone.
    please helped
    Last edited by scrott901; 2009-06-28 at 11:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i didn't bother installing this because the cydia page is scary. first it loads apple.com instead of giving any info about the package at all, and then, it says "downloading 339.2 kb, disk using 671.mb" uhhhhhhhhhhh no? 339 k should NOT expand to 671mb lol... no one else noticed this? to me it was big red flag that said "read about this on mmi before you push my little confirm button" hehe

edit: this was from ispazio source since i guess there's another source offering it from what people were saying in this thread..
    Last edited by b3nny; 2009-06-29 at 12:05 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by b3nny View Post
    i didn't bother installing this because the cydia page is scary. first it loads apple.com instead of giving any info about the package at all, and then, it says "downloading 339.2 kb, disk using 671.mb" uhhhhhhhhhhh no? 339 k should NOT expand to 671mb lol... no one else noticed this? to me it was big red flag that said "read about this on mmi before you push my little confirm button" hehe

edit: this was from ispazio source since i guess there's another source offering it from what people were saying in this thread..
    It did the same from me, but it's from Ispazio.. so I trusted it.
    It doesn't seem to work tho.

Still No luck for me... on one phone I can't get to cellular data. and on the other I can, but when I send MMS it hangs at about 95% and fails...

well hopefully someone figures out whats going on soon I'd rather not spend another$6 on Swirly2
    Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time rich and cash poor. (Little Brother by Cory Doctorow)

i went and asked (or tried asking, my little brother speaks some itallian, but doesnt know words like.. download...) how can it be that 333 kb are expanded to more than 600mb...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eclipticrider View Post
    Still No luck for me... on one phone I can't get to cellular data. and on the other I can, but when I send MMS it hangs at about 95% and fails...

well hopefully someone figures out whats going on soon I'd rather not spend another$6 on Swirly2

read above, someone downloaded swirly v2 and it made the mms work. no need for activation. obviously swirly installs something that makes the mms possible and the activatemms just turns the feature on in applesms program.

every time i download my phone freezes

Thanks

read above, someone downloaded swirly v2 and it made the mms work. no need for activation. obviously swirly installs something that makes the mms possible and the activatemms just turns the feature on in applesms program.
    It's still not working for me neither.
    Basically he took what I said and said it worked.. but that's what everyone else has done.. and still doesn't work.

It always hang around the 95% point then fails.

Is there anyone who can CONFIRM that they can SEND and RECEIVE without any problems? And if so, Can you Explain in details how you made it work?

i can works perfectly

Thanks

@dayum...can you change the swirly settings even though you don't have a license?

Thanks

@dayum...can you change the swirly settings even though you don't have a license?
    I do have the license, but I believe you can still change the settings in Swirly. Swirly isn't working either. I would try to MMS myself and it would send (after a long time) but I don't seem to receive.

Quote Originally Posted by RICCO21 View Post
    i can works perfectly
    Thanks Ricco, it helped a lot LOL
    Last edited by DayumQuitPlayin; 2009-06-29 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast