Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with modding?

Default Help with modding?
    Hi, I need help here..I'm a complete noob when it comes to this modding biz..Anyway, I just updated my 16GB iPhone into 1.1.4 and then unlocked it with ZiPhone. Now, how do I go about installing games and apps and stuff? I tried looking around, but I see all these references to SSH and installer.app and whatever and I'm completely lost. I see installer.app on my phone, but not SSH. Any help? Much obliged.

BTW, I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

first of all load up instaler and look for BSD subsystem install that, then find Openssh and install that, these 2 will allow you to ssh to your phone via your computer... Google winscp and download and install that onto your pc, this program allows you to change files or add file direct to your iphone.

When you run installer all the apps needed are in there, its just a case of finding what you want and installing them, the iphone will do the rest.. best best to gain access to more apps is to go to installer and then go to sources and install all the lastest sources, one good one is Bigboss recommended.

If you get stuck again just pop another question in here .

Do i have to do these on the iPhone itself? My home network isn't on wi-fi, infortunately.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

yes mate to use installer you need wifi....

Damn. I'd better haul my *** off to some Starbucks somewhere then. Will check back with you tomorrow or so. Thanks though!