Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: vWallpaper on 3.0

l sent skrew an e-mail but l didn't get any reply from him.please tell me where can l download vwallpaper for 3.0 firmware?l searched cydia but only version for 2.2 is there.please help l really love this app!!!!

Thanks

There's a post on his website regarding a public beta for OS 3.0.
    First public beta for OS 3.0 | iPhone Software

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jrm For This Useful Post:

Fsu1dolfan (2009-07-07)

thanks mate but how can l install it?thru itunes or what?l have no skills working with iphone l bought it 2 weeks ago

how did you install it?l can not find it on cydia.l downloaded the app from skrew but l don't know how to install it.please help!!!!
    Last edited by vasileski.viktor; 2009-07-06 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Jrm View Post
    There's a post on his website regarding a public beta for OS 3.0.
    First public beta for OS 3.0 | iPhone Software
    Okay so i was able to copy the files over and run the execute but now my screen is BLANK....only the top line with the signal, carrier, time, battery life etc is showing...the lock screen shows too...and i can acess my phone by double tapping home button....but i dont see anything else...WTF???!!!?? Please help...how do i get into safe mode to delete these to programs and start over??!!?!?
    Last edited by Fsu1dolfan; 2009-07-07 at 07:34 PM.

Uninstall:
    dpkg -P com.skrew.vwallpaper
    dpkg -P com.skrew.skrewcommon

Then respring

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Works great... the app crashes though when you try and download wallpaper from within the app.

anyone notice the videos during ringtone playback are cropped to the left of the video. No matter how I edit the video before applying, it crops it and will not center right. Is this an issue with 3.0 - wallpapers are fine, just not the ringtones

Finally got this vwallpaper to work properly on 3.0

The key is SBSettings add vwallpaper to the dock and open it from there...your icons wont disappear like it happened to me multiple times.

Add the 2 files to the tmp folder...execute the "dpkg -i SkrewCommon155.deb vWallpaper110.deb"

Then open SBSettings go to the dock open vwallpaper and get your vid going!!!

Now we need someone to start making the right size videos!!!!!!!
    THEY MUST BE 320x480.

The only other issue i see for me is that sometimes it doesnt start up right away until you open and close any app....but i use to have this happen on 2.2.1 so no big deal it works and i LOVE IT

As new user of vwallpaper, I am not sure how to execute the two files moved in the tmp folder. Would you mind teaching me in detailed about in step by step way? Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan View Post
    Now we need someone to start making the right size videos!!!!!!!
    THEY MUST BE 320x480.
    are you referring to how the video is stretched to fit the screen when played as a ringtone? that always bugged me compared to how mivtones played.

ya'll dont need vwallpaper for the wallpaper part......just make a folder....whatever you wanna call it......makesure it says theme..(whatever.theme)....then inside make sure whatever you put is right resolution and is worded right(wallpaper.mp4)....do make sure it in mp4 format...

Has anyone had issues with auto-lock not working after applying vWallpaper?

I'm on 3.1.2 and my phone will not auto-lock after installing vWallpaper even though I have my phone set to a 1 minute auto-lock. Is there something I have to do?

Quote Originally Posted by LanCo Rider View Post
    Has anyone had issues with auto-lock not working after applying vWallpaper?

I'm on 3.1.2 and my phone will not auto-lock after installing vWallpaper even though I have my phone set to a 1 minute auto-lock. Is there something I have to do?
    im running 3.1.2 with now problems what so ever.
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    im running 3.1.2 with now problems what so ever.
    Well I just messed around with it for a little bit and found that it will auto-lock while in the iPod screen. The only time it seems not to is when I am on the springboard.