Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS keeps failing at sending MMS messages.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdwsta4 View Post
    i'm going to have to dispute that. like i said, after canceling my iphone service, i was able to use that same sim card with no problems in multiple SE phones and used all the phones options (wap, mms, sms, etc).
    so if what you said was true, why would this sim still allow me to do the same on other phones if 'apple' crippled it? and why wouldn't an old cingular sim card work on an unlocked ziphone'd iphone?
    Was that the SIM that came with your iphone in the first place?

Well that's what Cingular told me and when i used the new SIM in the same phone with the same settings it worked. But as for your old SIM it may have been an older SIM without the same features as the newer ones. Like the technicians told me, the iphone works differently so the older sims don't support it.

the sim card that came with the iphone was a 3g ATT one. it was in the phone when i picked it up from the apple store. my second iphone had the same sim although i didn't use it, i used ziphone to activate it under a different sim card.
    correct me if i'm wrong, but sim cards don't hold information like that. and if they did, i've been doing MMS with TMO/Cingular for a number of years on multiple different sim cards. since they work on every other phone i have, there's no reason it wouldn't work on the iphone.
    i guess what i'm saying is, i don't get how this feature can be crippled just because of the sim.

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    Was that the SIM that came with your iphone in the first place?

Well that's what Cingular told me and when i used the new SIM in the same phone with the same settings it worked. But as for your old SIM it may have been an older SIM without the same features as the newer ones. Like the technicians told me, the iphone works differently so the older sims don't support it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdwsta4 View Post
    the sim card that came with the iphone was a 3g ATT one. it was in the phone when i picked it up from the apple store. my second iphone had the same sim although i didn't use it, i used ziphone to activate it under a different sim card.
    correct me if i'm wrong, but sim cards don't hold information like that. and if they did, i've been doing MMS with TMO/Cingular for a number of years on multiple different sim cards. since they work on every other phone i have, there's no reason it wouldn't work on the iphone.
    i guess what i'm saying is, i don't get how this feature can be crippled just because of the sim.
    But the older sim cards are different the iPhone uses EDGE, it doesn't support the older GPRS and such, older phones sent MMS with GPRS the iPhone uses EDGE, so the older cards aren't supported is all i was saying.

But anyways, the technician from ATT told me that since the card was activated with iTunes it's a different system, I have no idea.
    But remember they have the IMEI block now.
    They've blocked ALL iPhone IMEI's from sending MMS.
    IF you use a SIM in your iPhone and then switch it to naother phone without calling it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    But the older sim cards are different the iPhone uses EDGE, it doesn't support the older GPRS and such, older phones sent MMS with GPRS the iPhone uses EDGE, so the older cards aren't supported is all i was saying.

But anyways, the technician from ATT told me that since the card was activated with iTunes it's a different system, I have no idea.
    But remember they have the IMEI block now.
    They've blocked ALL iPhone IMEI's from sending MMS.
    IF you use a SIM in your iPhone and then switch it to naother phone without calling it won't work.

That is not true! I have access to many At&T phones and you can take any given sim card from any phone and put it in my unlocked iphone. It will download the mms about twice and then it will stop! Has nothing to do with sim card. At&T is seeing somehow that sim is in an Iphone

Thanks

Well then why would they let me use my new SIM card in my iPhone and then i called and they let me use it in my RAZR? They just had to activate the MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    if you guys take a step back and look at the timing of this whole thing it seems pretty obvious to me that apple will be implementing MMS with the new FW release in June.

im guessing if its in the contract agreement between at&t and apple then there must be a way for apple to make more money off of mms ...?...

just throwing it out there, but its my gut reaction to this whole thread
    Or they are implementing mms with the next gen Iphone and wants everyone to cough up the dough to pay for the new one.

Talking MMS Integration
    Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    I third this. I am sure every ATT customer with an iPhone will sign it.
    Petition for MMS Integration into the next firmware update for the iphone:-D

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/iPhoneMMS

Thanks

They definately won't put it on the next gen iPhone and not the current one.
    If anything they'll add it in a firmware update.
    They wouldn't screw current iPhone users over like that.

But as for the whole blocking deal.
    I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T makes a MMS program and puts it on the AppStore for a fee. So that way they can milk even more money out of us!
    AT&T really pisses me off sometimes, for instance when they barr me from using a service THAT I'M PAYING FOR! *cough*cough*MMS*cough*cough*

Default MMS is comming to iPhone!!
    I am at a conference in Indy and there was an Apple booth here. I talked to a guy from the head office in CA, not one of the workers at an iphone store. He said Att blocks the service once you send an mms cause it recognizes the iPhone. He thinks it sucks too. he blamed att but apple is really to blame. He said they want to get all the basic functions working right first and then they will add it.

I asked him if firmware 2.0 would add it and he said he was not able to say because he didn't want to lose his job. He just said this, "Any smart company would not keep such a basic function unavailable forever and would add it with the next update, and Apple is definietly not a dumb company, so you can figure it out from there". He smiled and looked around hoping no one heard him tell me. He said everyone is going to be amazed at what the iphone does in june. So MMS IS coming and should be here with the new update in June.

Thanks

Well hopefully it does come with the next update.
    But as for me, I'm not getting my hopes up, Apple has let us down in a lot of the updates...

yeah, I highly doubt it will come.

Possibly on the 5th update for the 2nd gen iPhone.
    wwjd

or the 10th gen iphone the way apple listens to what we want lol!!!!!!!!!
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789