Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS keeps failing at sending MMS messages.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

My guess is that if the system sees two active phones (on the network) with the same IMEI, at least one will be shut down very quickly as this is generally evidence of what used to be called cloning....so I would not expect you can't have both phones turned on at the same time if they have the same IMEI

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    My guess is that if the system sees two active phones (on the network) with the same IMEI, at least one will be shut down very quickly as this is generally evidence of what used to be called cloning....so I would not expect you can't have both phones turned on at the same time if they have the same IMEI
    bummer man i wish i had another to phone to try this with lol
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Can i change my IMEI without completely restoring?

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    Can i change my IMEI without completely restoring?
    you should be able to with ziphone.
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks

Now im angry...swirly says i have a MMS yet i can't fetch it.

Thanks
    i gave the imei switch a shot. it worked for a min and then the phone locked me out and only let me make 911 calls. did i do something wrong? can you go through the process with us..

also if you dont activate with itunes does that mean you cant use it at all?
    Last edited by corradoking; 2008-04-14 at 08:30 PM.

You are going to have to "unlock" the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by corradoking View Post
    i gave the imei switch a shot. it worked for a min and then the phone locked me out and only let me make 911 calls. did i do something wrong? can you go through the process with us..

also if you dont activate with itunes does that mean you cant use it at all?
    wwjd

Hey Guys ..My Iphone can still send & recieve MMS. I changed the imei and its been working still..My phone setup is 114 Pwned 1.1 and unlocked just to let use know.....It could change though...I also never changed my Plan..It has the Iphone Data Package on it..Will keep use posted as soon as anything changes...

Thanks

He guys I'm back!

I had my cousin give me their IMEI to an old T-Mobile RAZR they have and i changed my IMEI to that with ZiPhone.

At first it didn't work, i had to call, I told them that my other sims worked in the phone but wheni tried it with this sim it gave me a user barred error message. The operator was gay like always but she eventually her dumb *** transferred me to a tech guy.

He said he reset some things and i tried it and it worked.
    He told me the main system said i could send MMS messages but the sub system said i can't.
    So i confirm that changing the IMEI works! Thanks for the help guys glad i got this working again! :-)

Oh yeah, it was really easy to do with ZiPhone didn't involve any reformatting or anything just pressed the number button waited for a minute and it worked! :-)

NOTE: To check you IMEI dial *#06#

hey mgnate did you unlock your iphone with ziphone?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vppnoy View Post
    hey mgnate did you unlock your iphone with ziphone?

No, i didn't use ZiPhone i used the other one just like it, i don't recall the name at the moment.
    The one i used is basically the same thing it just installs things like BSD Subsystem, VT-100, etc. automatically so i used it to save time.

When i told them the woman my RAZR IMEI the lady said it didn't come up as a Cingular RAZR (It's a T-Mobile RAZR) She also said I have an iPhone on this SIM and I don't have the iPhone data plan nor did i ever call them and change my IMEI. So the system automatically updates the IMEI and blocks your iPhone according to you SIM.
    I think that if you even have a friend or something with a phone on another system you can probably use their IMEI on AT&T at the same time they're using their IMEI on whatever their carrier is. But I'm not sure?

EDIT: I unlocked my iPhone with iPlus! :-)
    Last edited by MgNate; 2008-04-19 at 03:55 PM.

wow so the iphone has to be unlocked in order to get the mms working for att?

Thanks

wow so the iphone has to be unlocked in order to get the mms working for att?
    Yeah, because if you activate with iTunes you register your SIM through Apple and it's indefinately blocked of sending MMS. You need to get a new SIM card from an ATT store to get MMS again.

UNLOCKING IS EASY! There is no difference! Besides you can put any SIM in the phone! Don't worry about unlocking I'm telling you!

Yeah, because if you activate with iTunes you register your SIM through Apple and it's indefinately blocked of sending MMS. You need to get a new SIM card from an ATT store to get MMS again.

UNLOCKING IS EASY! There is no difference! Besides you can put any SIM in the phone! Don't worry about unlocking I'm telling you!
    i know but wouldn't unlocking the iphone void the warranty with apple? i have heard of unlocking as being reversable though but haven't heard of anyone confirming this. can anyone confirm? if so what program? thanks... ive also heard that with ziphone the bootloader change becomes permanent.. however with iliberty it is reversible.. which secures the apple warranty. please confirm.
    Last edited by vppnoy; 2008-04-18 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks

i know but wouldn't unlocking the iphone void the warranty with apple? i have heard of unlocking as being reversable though but haven't heard of anyone confirming this. can anyone confirm? if so what program? thanks... ive also heard that with ziphone the bootloader change becomes permanent.. however with iliberty it is reversible.. which secures the apple warranty. please confirm.

Well don't tell Apple that you're unlocking it and yuo won't have a problem. If you're gonna take it back just restore it and they have no way of finding out!

I can confirm that i took my UNLOCKED iPhone back to Apple for a replacement nad they gave me a brand new one. My warranty is still good for another 1 1/2 years or so...

Don't worry about it I'm telling you, it's worth it.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I used the new bootneuter to flash my baseband and it changed my IMEI back to my iPhones IMEI.

I havent worked on this problem too much yet, i tried to change it back once unsucessfully and it didn't work but it may not be because i used bootneuter. So I'm going to look into it.

But 4 NOE: I DO NOT SUGGEST USING BOOTNEUTER IF YOU HAVE OR ARE GOING TO CHANGE YOUR IMEI.

I'll try a few more times and change some settings in bootneuter and such and let you guys know what i can do.

So what you have to do is
    1.)Get NEW sim activated by AT&T
    2.)Unlocked your iPhone
    3.)Change your phone's IMEI

This is a question not a statement.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maknificent View Post
    So what you have to do is
    1.)Get NEW sim activated by AT&T
    2.)Unlocked your iPhone
    3.)Change your phone's IMEI

This is a question not a statement.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    Well i would suggest:
    1) Unlock your iPhone
    2)Change your IMEI
    3)Call AT&T (1-800-331-0500) and tell them you're not using your iPhone because it can't MMS and tell them the phone you're using now won't send MMS.
    4)If it won't work they'll tell you to get a new SIM, in that case do so and it will work.

You probably have to remove your iPhone data Package and get the unlimited data package.

(Make sure they put the unlimited data package on unless you want to get charged for a $600.00 bill like i did!)

why would they send you a new sim? i did this once i sold my first iphone. got rid of the iphone specific package as well. they never sent me a new sim card (there's no need to, it works in my other phones anyway). swirley doesn't work on my new unlocked iphone with an ATT or cingular sim card installed.

Well i would suggest:
    1) Unlock your iPhone
    2)Change your IMEI
    3)Call AT&T (1-800-331-0500) and tell them you're not using your iPhone because it can't MMS and tell them the phone you're using now won't send MMS.
    4)If it won't work they'll tell you to get a new SIM, in that case do so and it will work.

You probably have to remove your iPhone data Package and get the unlimited data package.

(Make sure they put the unlimited data package on unless you want to get charged for a $600.00 bill like i did!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdwsta4 View Post
    why would they send you a new sim? i did this once i sold my first iphone. got rid of the iphone specific package as well. they never sent me a new sim card (there's no need to, it works in my other phones anyway). swirley doesn't work on my new unlocked iphone with an ATT or cingular sim card installed.
    Well, i thought i explained before, when you activate your SIM through iTunes it goes through Apples system and they block the feature so there's nothing AT&T can do.

i'm going to have to dispute that. like i said, after canceling my iphone service, i was able to use that same sim card with no problems in multiple SE phones and used all the phones options (wap, mms, sms, etc).
    so if what you said was true, why would this sim still allow me to do the same on other phones if 'apple' crippled it? and why wouldn't an old cingular sim card work on an unlocked ziphone'd iphone?

Well, i thought i explained before, when you activate your SIM through iTunes it goes through Apples system and they block the feature so there's nothing AT&T can do.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast