Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS keeps failing at sending MMS messages.

you can also send MMS via email to a cell phone using this...http://www.oeupdates.com/Common-Carr...Addresses.html
    I press Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MNocifora View Post
    With all these issues, maybe we should look at this a different way...petition for class action suit (at least to get some attention). Are they legally allowed to block service we are paying for?
    No, they are not allowed to deny you a service you are paying for. (at least from what I have read in their TOS)

Also as most people know here, there is nothing against the law about hacking your iPhone (or any other phone) and though it will void your warranty with Apple, that is not gAT&T's concern. All they need to know is you have a phone that can send and receive MMS's. NOTHING ELSE! They dont need to know how or why or when or who...just know I can send them and let me use the service I am paying for. OR...give me one hell of a discount on the messaging package since I cant use 3 out of the 4 features.

I know some see this MMS situation as petty, but seriously people...if we let gAT&T & crApple keep walking all over us they will continue to do so. I think the creators of SwirlyMMS have done a HUGE favor for us iPhone users that crApple keeps denying its users.

I am so sick of gAT&T's horrible customer support and Apples refusing of giving its customers what they want. I am seriously almost to the point of jumping ship and going with T-Mobile and getting a "cheaper" phone that I CAN hack to do what I want and has a hell of a lot more features. I am about 99% sure right now I am giving up on Apple and AT&T and getting Android as soon as it comes out.

Sorry for the rant.

/rant
    Last edited by ChubbyBear; 2008-04-04 at 07:56 PM.

so how can we make the petition. i will sign ASAP with six of my other friends that have iPhones.

Guys, I hate to be the one to say it but I am not convinced there could be any legitimate lawsuit about this.

Think about it. AT&T and Apple have set the iPhone up to work specifically with the iPhone Plan. Apple does not support MMS, as anyone can tell by the lack of the application, and the contract between AT&T and Apple seemingly blocks 3rd party apps from allowing this.

I understand what everyone is saying about blocking a service we are paying for, but at the same time, we were never SUPPOSED to be allowed to pay for that. If you call AT&T and ask them to add a MMS plan to the iPhone, they will say no because the service isn't supported.

We ALL went AROUND the system, doing something that AT&T won't allow, but then want to sue them for what we KNEW we couldn't do while we bought the phone?

I am just as upset as every other person, but let's face it, people. MMS was never a feature of the iPhone, and everyone knew that when we bought it.

i was just wondering... what if we all make mass phone calls to att threatening them that we will switch carriers if they continue to block iphone users from using. we are paying for it and they should not care about how we got mms to work on our iphones. im sure that kind of action will catch the attention of the head of att.

Quote Originally Posted by vppnoy View Post
    i was just wondering... what if we all make mass phone calls to att threatening them that we will switch carriers if they continue to block iphone users from using. we are paying for it and they should not care about how we got mms to work on our iphones. im sure that kind of action will catch the attention of the head of att.
    This is probably the best idea. It will definitely get our issues known.
    Sitting quiet never gets anything done.
    wwjd

all we need is more people to agree that they will do it too and we can all organize to make mass phone calls to att at a certain day.

does swirly not work on 1.1.4?

Quote Originally Posted by vppnoy View Post
    all we need is more people to agree that they will do it too and we can all organize to make mass phone calls to att at a certain day.
    +1, count me in.
    wwjd

who else wants to do this?

Thanks

if you guys take a step back and look at the timing of this whole thing it seems pretty obvious to me that apple will be implementing MMS with the new FW release in June.

im guessing if its in the contract agreement between at&t and apple then there must be a way for apple to make more money off of mms ...?...

just throwing it out there, but its my gut reaction to this whole thread

Default Nice try
    Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    +1, count me in.
    Guys, unfortunately, AT&T won't give a rat's rear about whether or not they lose 100k customers. They draw in more than that in two weeks. They're almost to 8 million subscribers. The current statistics say that on average for every 1 person they lose, they gain 6. It varies for each carrier, but they still don't care. As for suing them, it's in the T&C with AT&T that you can't alter the iPhone, for programming, or even for different services. Nothing will come from it. They pay their lawyers hundreds of thousands to make sure nothing like that can happen. Trust me, I work for them. But I feel for you. I'm in the same boat with my 1.1.4 8 gig. I'm going to try the new sim setup later today on my own line. I'll post the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackurs_Suck View Post
    Guys, unfortunately, AT&T won't give a rat's rear about whether or not they lose 100k customers. They draw in more than that in two weeks. They're almost to 8 million subscribers. The current statistics say that on average for every 1 person they lose, they gain 6. It varies for each carrier, but they still don't care. As for suing them, it's in the T&C with AT&T that you can't alter the iPhone, for programming, or even for different services. Nothing will come from it. They pay their lawyers hundreds of thousands to make sure nothing like that can happen. Trust me, I work for them. But I feel for you. I'm in the same boat with my 1.1.4 8 gig. I'm going to try the new sim setup later today on my own line. I'll post the results.
    Ok, replaced the sim, provisioned the account, since that's one of the perks for working at AT&T, and still no go. Settings are correct. It's a no go.
    Last edited by Hackurs_Suck; 2008-04-07 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dang :/
    Thanks for the letdown. lol [hurts to hear the truth]

Thanks for testing out the SIM.

SwirlyMMS's Phone Faking is supposed to work for AT&T, but I tried all of them on their source, and still doesn't work.
    wwjd

Thanks
    I konw i am new at this but i think its funny how AT&T reps dont tell the truth. read below.

Lissette: Yes that is what MMS is. Its a text.
    chris: well mms is pictures text
    Lissette: AT&T now considers all message types the same. You can send text, instant, picture, and video messages for the same standard rate, or include them with your monthly plan.
    chris: so your saying picture messages are included in the 200 text in my iphone bundle?
    Lissette: Yes. Let me make sure that the Iphone is capable of doing picture messages.
    chris: i cant out of the box but there is a 3rd party app that allows you to do so.
    Lissette: The Iphone has certain things that it can not do. This may be one of them so just give me a moment to look into it.
    chris: its ok you dont have to.
    Lissette: It sends pictures by email only not text. Since you have the data plan you can send the pictures by email.
    chris: yeah i understand that its sms/mms text pictures im working on
    Lissette: Ok.
    chris: so just to sum this up. AT&T says that my 200 text on the iphone bundle can included picture text. eventhough the iphone cant see them.
    Lissette: Yes all of the text plans that we have include SMS/MMS text. However your Iphone doesn't have the capability to see them or send them. It still is going to be a part of that plan even though you really can't use that option.
    chris: i understand.. Thank you so much for your time...

Default MMS working for Me
    Hey Guys, I just Pwned my iphone 114 and put the new Swirly on it..My iphone was already activated through Itunes. I been trying to send an MMS for the last month and keep saying failed..So just yesterday I used ziphone 3.0 to change my imei from my old razor and so far it has been working good. I know some ppl were saying that changing their imei still didnt work, but mine is doing fine. I was gonna wait a few more days to say anything, If anything changes, I will keep you all informed. KMB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Jusplayn For This Useful Post:

vppnoy (2008-04-13)

For some reason I was able to "fetch" my messages the day before yesterday as well.

I haven't tried again, for fear of disappointment, but maybe it was because I tried my SIM Card in another phone I have.. Might have tricked gAT&T, not sure.
    wwjd

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well...i went to AT&T got a new sim card and they activated it in the store...went home and fully unlocked the phone and activated it. I have the cingular information in and it still gets the failed error.

Also we can't use T-Mobile's servers right? It has to be AT&T cuz thats wut i have.
    Last edited by CobraSVT; 2008-04-13 at 10:41 PM.

please inform me on imei changing... is this reversable?

Yea, the imei change is reversible....still sending and recieving MMs

i have a plan with two phones on it mine and my GFs can i change my imei number to hers and try that and still use both phones?
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast