Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS keeps failing at sending MMS messages.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    LOL I don't quite understand my logic either, but for some reason I don't want to go the unlocking route.

It's these darn herpes.

..ok i'm just kidding.
    lol well honestly if u unlock it and u r self concious about it, click refurbish and bam ur back to where u started just like that, less than 10 min

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ok I went out and got a new sim card from AT&T. My iPhone is unlocked thru ZiPhone firmware 1.1.4, had the sim activated over the phone with my old back-up cell the Samsung D407 and I still get the unexpected http response.
    I have the
    FamilyTalk Nation 1400 Rollover & Unlimited Night/Weekend & Unlimited Mobile-To-Mobile Minutes
    FAMILY MSG UNLIMITED
    MEDIA NET UNLIMITED
    what am I doing wrong?

So, I'm confused now because there is some conflicting information here; my situation is as follows: This SIM is from my old 8125, I've never activated via iTunes, and I have a FamilyTalk plan with unlimited family messaging. Since about last Tuesday, I haven't been able to send MMS via Swirly but I haven't tried to send from any other phones because I don't have any laying around to test on. Based on what I've read, I shouldn't have gotten blocked in the first place because this isn't the original iPhone SIM and I activated via other methods. So what's the deal?

Edit: So, I dug out my 8125 and when I tried to send an MMS it came back with a pop up error that stated "Forbidden!" with the exclamation point and all...
    Last edited by dormido; 2008-03-24 at 07:51 AM. Reason: additions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dormido View Post
    So, I'm confused now because there is some conflicting information here; my situation is as follows: This SIM is from my old 8125, I've never activated via iTunes, and I have a FamilyTalk plan with unlimited family messaging. Since about last Tuesday, I haven't been able to send MMS via Swirly but I haven't tried to send from any other phones because I don't have any laying around to test on. Based on what I've read, I shouldn't have gotten blocked in the first place because this isn't the original iPhone SIM and I activated via other methods. So what's the deal?

Edit: So, I dug out my 8125 and when I tried to send an MMS it came back with a pop up error that stated "Forbidden!" with the exclamation point and all...
    idk man... this is all crazy..

Thanks

OK, so i go into finder and find the pics sent to me, now where do i go to delete them? I went into my photos, but they are not there? I guess to save them, I just leave them in finder? But to delete them?
    Also, they dont' even come across that big, do I change it to high on settings in Swirly MMS?

Anyways, thanks. Actually if there is an easier way to view them, maybe someone can tell me how? Or is going through Fider the only way to fetch them?? Cuz when I go from swirly mms to fetch them, it says to check my settings, but I believe I have my settings correct??

Bye guys, and have a great day! Muuuaaahh!
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Hallejuiah; Swirly 0.3.7.2 is working on AT&T family messaging plan; same settings as previously posted.

Oops spoke too soon. after successfully fetching and sending a message; I know get the error again (unexpected http response) when trying to fetch or send -- not changes were made to my settings. Is AT&T blocking specific traffic....arghhh
    Last edited by rkisling; 2008-03-25 at 12:02 AM. Reason: new facts....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    works on pay as u go as well.....I find it ironic that AT&T have blocked there loyal customers!!

Darn! It still doesnt work for me and I have the family plan as well. It worked before. I updated to 3.7.2 but nothing.

Thanks

do i activate the new sim with another phone and then make them keep my iphone package?

I think it is clear that AT&T has some way of pinging your iPhones IP address or by pinging your iPhones IMEI. I too never activated via itunes and popped the sim in from an old phone. I have a media max bundle with 200 messages and unlimited mobile to mobile texting. A while ago I could send MMS messages via swirly but could never receive. Now I'm getting the error message.

Getting a new sim may take the flag off temporarily but the next time your phone sends an MMS it seems it gets flagged automatically all over again.

Yep, it happened to me I did it all in ziphone everything worked great and then att has a way of seeing you have an iphone and justs shuts the mms down...and then when I put my sim in another phone my internet nor my mms works on razr or treo. Big brother is watchin. I'm thinkin of going official but then I don't get my fan discount and still no mms on any phone. Why can't this iphone be like any other phone?

Quote Originally Posted by markcobra View Post
    Yep, it happened to me I did it all in ziphone everything worked great and then att has a way of seeing you have an iphone and justs shuts the mms down...and then when I put my sim in another phone my internet nor my mms works on razr or treo. Big brother is watchin. I'm thinkin of going official but then I don't get my fan discount and still no mms on any phone. Why can't this iphone be like any other phone?
    I have an idea. Apple has some kind of back door deal with companies like Google (most likely it is Google) that enforces through ATT. By stopping MMS through ATT they force you to use e-mail. If you have only work e-mail and are reluctant to use it for your private stuff over iPhone, what do you do? You MMS. But if you can't, you will eventually get a gmail account, or another e-mail account of that sort.
    It's the only explanation I can come up with for such a bizarre behavior from ATT.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

Default MMS through email
    I didn't see it mentioned so I thought I would share my work-around for this problem. IF you have an unlimited internet plan (Media Net Max), you can do "Email Photo" and use the following format in the TO field.

[ph#]@mms.att.net

So, if the destination number is 123-555-1234, the email TO line would read:

[email protected]

One thing I have found is that since the "Email Photo" template adds unnecessary carriage returns, the message may appear blank on some phones. The recipient can usually "scroll" the message to see the picture. You can fix it before sending by going to the form and selecting the left-most area of the picture, it should blink then, and then do a delete until you see it move up in the email.

I tested it with a sync (Samsung A707) and found it to work fine.
    Last edited by blakstone; 2008-03-29 at 05:24 AM.

has anyone found a way around AT&Ts restrictions on being able to send MMS from AT&T account that has the unlimited family messaging plan that was previously working before?

I mean come on we're paying for this ability so why block it? I can understand if we found away around ti completely without paying for a plan but we're asking to pay for a service.

With all these issues, maybe we should look at this a different way...petition for class action suit (at least to get some attention). Are they legally allowed to block service we are paying for?

I can confirm that none of these suggestions work. At&t is flagging us somehow. I work there and have many phones. Everytime I put a sim in from another phone it will work for a few fetches and then stop. You have to call tech support and spend an hr on the phone to get your connection back. You can use it in any other phone but then it will stop working if you put the card back in the Iphone.

Anyone have a work around?

Quote Originally Posted by MNocifora View Post
    With all these issues, maybe we should look at this a different way...petition for class action suit (at least to get some attention). Are they legally allowed to block service we are paying for?
    I second this idea. I'm totally serious. I pay 30 dollars a month extra for unlimited texting (including mms) for my phone on top of the iphone plan. They are blocking a service that I pay for and this is TOTALLY illegal. We need to set up a lawsuit against them. They will lose. Phone companies are slowly losing power because the government sees how corrupt they are. This is just one more example. If we all sign a petition and get a class action lawsuit going ATT will have no other option other than fix the problem or be fined a HUGE amount.
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    I second this idea. I'm totally serious. I pay 30 dollars a month extra for unlimited texting (including mms) for my phone on top of the iphone plan. They are blocking a service that I pay for and this is TOTALLY illegal. We need to set up a lawsuit against them. They will lose. Phone companies are slowly losing power because the government sees how corrupt they are. This is just one more example. If we all sign a petition and get a class action lawsuit going ATT will have no other option other than fix the problem or be fined a HUGE amount.

I third this. I am sure every ATT customer with an iPhone will sign it.
    wwjd

So how do we get this started? I already went to one legal site that has lawyers fight for cases basically and submitted the information. Not really sure how to get this going though. Surely there is a lawyer or two out there with an iphone and in this community or another iphone hacking community.
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

Quote Originally Posted by MNocifora View Post

I have no idea but if someone gets a petition going I would sign it in a heartbeat.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast