Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SwirlyMMS keeps failing at sending MMS messages.

how would I go about asking for a new sim? without them asking too many questions

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    well everyone i tried to change my imei with ziphone and when i try to click perform actions it just says no actions were preformed... so i dont know what to do to get it to work... ^^ so if i just go get a new sim from att will they activate it there or will i have to take it home and do it through itunes again???
    doesnt getting a new sim cost like 20 bucks or so?

Quote Originally Posted by MgNate View Post
    Well if you have them activate it you need another phone with an imei that you tell them you're gonna use.

But to get MMS to work DO NOT ACTIVATE THROUGH iTUNES!

Just unlock your phone and have ATT activate your SIM.
    and have you confirmed this working?

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    how would I go about asking for a new sim? without them asking too many questions
    same here, id like to know how to get a free one.. its not worth paying for..
    Last edited by gameviper; 2008-03-21 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

just got off the phone with my local att, I told the woman that I misplaced my sim, because I switch it between phones, she said "just come to any att store and pick up a new one." when I asked how much it costs, she said it was free. Can anyone confirm that a sim that is activated by ATT(not itunes) works with getting swirly mms working? I dont want to have to go down there and spend a bunch of time if it is not going to work

Thanks

exactly... i wish to know the same man... if anyone gets the results let me know, im gonna hop off for a bit, just email me if u get any info!

[email protected]

thanks guys i appreciate it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alectra82 View Post
    just got off the phone with my local att, I told the woman that I misplaced my sim, because I switch it between phones, she said "just come to any att store and pick up a new one." when I asked how much it costs, she said it was free. Can anyone confirm that a sim that is activated by ATT(not itunes) works with getting swirly mms working? I dont want to have to go down there and spend a bunch of time if it is not going to work
    Yeah, if you go to a corporate AT&T store they won't charge you, independent one's will.

I HAVE AN AT&T ACTIVATED SIM THAT WORKS WITH SWIRLY AND SAFARI!

I have 1.1.4 jailbroken activated and unlocked with ZiPhone.

But my AT&T activated SIM is my girlfriends so I'm gonna pick up a new one for my iPhone tomorrow morning.

NOTE: You need another phone in order to have them activate it. you can't just go in and tell them to activate a SIM. You need an IMEI on your account. I'm gonna bring my SLVR in tomorrow.
    Last edited by MgNate; 2008-03-21 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok this is what I came up with the sim cards that have been activated through itunes will not work. I have 2 other sim cards from att and when I put them in I was able to send and receive mms. But as soon as I put the sim card that I activated through itunes back in I got the error message again. I went to att and told them I lost my sim card they ask for the number and I gave it to them and had to verify some information to make sure u is the owner of the account and they gave me a new sim card already programed with my number for free of course you can not tell them u have an iphone, I just told them I no longer have an iphone. I put that sim in and what do u know I can send and receive with no problems.

Thanks

if u bring in another phone won't they then want to take ur iPhone package off??

man i hope this gets figured out i miss my swirly
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

What I did I called in to customer services and told them I need to add the iphone package to my account, that for some reason it got removed by mistake.

As long as the sim is not activated through itunes its ok to send and receive mms. I took the sim from my friend who activated they sim through itunes and guess what the message appeared again. When i put the sim back in that wasn't activated through itunes I was able to send and receive again.

I tryed everything u can think of and this is the only thing that worked. When I had the 3.2 version of swirly I had no problems but when I upgraded thats when all the problems begain.
    Last edited by cdwardell; 2008-03-21 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

sooo can someone please give solid directions on what to do? im lost haha

Won't having the iphone package back on your phone get you flagged cdwardell?
    Tune in
    Turn on
    Drop out

no because when u get the new sim from the store it will already be programed with your number, Its only flagging the sim if it was activated through itunes.

does that mean I can just get a new sim and have att activate, simple as that. or do I have to bring in a different phone and lie about switching phones? in which case, i would have to unlock my iphone to use this new sim

Yes you would have to unlock your iphone to use the new sim. As of now att is blocking all itunes activated sims from receiving mms.

Now I have a couple of friends who phone is not unlocked and they are using the 3.2 version of swirly and it works just fine for them.

Thanks

when i go in i plan on taking my blackjack and saying that i just got back from visiting my cousin in FL and i left my iphone there. im gonna tell them that he is gonna send it to me in the mail but until then i hae to have a phone so i need to get my blackjack activated again.. i will tell them that since the iphone is coming back to not take my iphone plan off. hopefully this will be a good enought story to get them to not remove it! what do you guys think?

Thanks

Okay well i went to AT&T and they gave me my new SIM and i called and had them activate it. At first it didn't work but now it is.

So we've figured it out once again!:

In order to use SWIRL on your Cingular phone you need a SIM activated through AT&T, NOT iTUNES!

NOW, if you add the iPhone data plan to your AT&T activated SIM will you have SWIRLY and Visual Voicemail? We need some people to comfirm this...

Alread confirmed by:
    cdwardell

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

So i lost my iPhone; so I need to get a new sim to use in my Blackjack. If I ever find my iPhone, can I have them add back my iPhone data package ;-)

Based on the discussion above, it sounds like 3.2 should no longer work; anyone have a copy that I can try

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    So i lost my iPhone; so I need to get a new sim to use in my Blackjack. If I ever find my iPhone, can I have them add back my iPhone data package ;-)

Based on the discussion above, it sounds like 3.2 should no longer work; anyone have a copy that I can try
    I have version 0.3.6 working, what do you mean?

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

What i was referring to the few message bove that say some people still have 0.3.2 working with the original iPhone sim (which based on other feedback above -- and a discussion I had last night with AT&T technical support, shouldn't work)... sorry for the confusion.

I had 3.2 stop working when ATT blocked the service. It also continued to not work after the upgrade to 3.6

I can confirm that changing the IMEI DOES NOT WORK. I tried this alone as well as with the swirlymms program to make it think its a different phone.

Sounds like we need to get this SIM stuff figured out and well be all good!

I just put the SIM from my work blackberry in and tried to fetch the one message. It download a text file that says "Service denied"...obviously since the original message was from the old SIM.

I was able to send and recieve messages on this alternate ATT SIM fine through Swirly after that.
    Last edited by MNocifora; 2008-03-21 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast