Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: VNC on 3.0

Thanks
    Default VNC on 3.0
    Hey, I've been looking around for the past 2 days or so, and I couldn't find anything about working VNC on 3.0, but I'm pretty sure it's possible on 3.0, because of MuscleNerd demonstrating ultrasn0w a few days ago.

Anyone know anything about working VNC on 3.0?
    - 16GB - Jailbroken
    - 16GB - Not Jaibroken.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

It works just as it always has. There's no new principle to the OS. I prefer Jaadu VNC, but he changes the name every freaking week so who knows what it is called this week.

Thanks

one1 I believe he is refering to the VNC server in which you control your device from your computer. I just tried it. The screen shows up but the iPod Touch in my case locks up requiring a 2 finger salute which boots in safemode. Long story short it does not work fully yet. But if you wanna try it type VNC in the Cydia Search.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Do you mean VEENCY?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

T0tall3d (2009-06-23)

Thanks

I could not think of that name for the life of me haha that is what I was talking about.

Thanks
    Veenc was what I installed a couple of days ago, but as it didn't appear on my springboard, I assumed that it was incompatible with 3.0 and that there must be some other way.

Does Veenc work alright on 3.0 for you guys?
    - 16GB - Jailbroken
    - 16GB - Not Jaibroken.

Thanks

Veency like i said in my first post worked but did not work properly. Veency does not have a springboard app. Correct me if i am wrong but it runs very lightly in the background waiting for a connection. You must use a computer app such as tightvnc on windows to view the iPod screen. If you are trying to control your computer with your ipod / iphone you need a vnc app from the app store and a vnc server running on your ipod with the firewall open to the vnc program

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kwall For This Useful Post:

T0tall3d (2009-06-23)

Thanks
    Ah right, I thought there was something wrong because of seeing an actual VNC app, guess that was something like Jaadu or Vnsea then. :P Thanks for your help guys
    - 16GB - Jailbroken
    - 16GB - Not Jaibroken.

I've been trying to find something to use to control my iPhone from my computer, but nothing seems to work in 3.0. Veency crashes two seconds after startup and I think it's because 3.0 changed for things running in the background. Does anybody know where to find more info about Veency and/or its update progress?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Does this mean that Veency will not work with iUSB(download is in the Windows section of the forum)?

Thanks

Veency works fine over usb with 2.x I used it alot. I am saying it does not fully work on 3.0

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

no, I meant iUSB. It is an all in one app that does everything.

Lightbulb Veency
    I had Veency on my phone, and it works but it causes problems with MobileSubstrate. When you have Veency installed and enabled, whenever you want to respring, you also have to reboot, otherwise SpringBoard will crash and load into safe mode. Seeing as I didn't use Veency all that often, and it was extremely annoying to reboot every time I wanted to edit one of my Categories, or mess with Winterboard. So, in essence, if you absolutely need Veency, it works, but it will make you reboot your phone every time you want to respring.

Yes. Is there a solution. Conflict? I see that one has answered properly. Same problem. Springboard crash. Sad iphone. I see a sbs toggle. Turn off when not in use but other than that its safe mode all the way. No movilesubstrate? Wtf? Again i say saurik wrote this. How could that be? Im 3gs 3.1.2 blackra1n