Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cycorder + firmware update = ooops

Default Cycorder + firmware update = ooops
    Hi there!
    I've just arrived from a vacation on witch I recorded a few videos with cycorder. Today when the new 3.0 firmware was released i didn't think clearly and updated, witch off course removed the cycorder app along with all the videos. My question is if there's any chance to recover the videos. My first thought was that maybe the 500mb of "cydia space" still holds the files (the update was made form jailbroken to 3.0 without restoring, another mistake). Is there any way to jailbreak the phone with quickpwn and install SSH, without getting the files removed (if they're still there)?

Just trying to get this cleared out, so I know if it's worth the effort. Thanks!

Thanks

Did you update or restore as a new iPhone? If you only updated there "MIGHT" be a chance the files are still there. Id be patient, wait for Quickpwn to be released, jailbreak the phone then SSH in and see if the videos are still there in the /var/mobile/Media/Video's folder. If not, you might want to seach ?Google around a bit for recovering data from an iTunes backup but not sure if that would even help- just a possibility. Also

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

humlan (2009-06-18), kzhlin (2009-07-13)

I didn't restore, witch I guess you're suppose to do. That mistake might save me then, I hope so. Do you know when the quickpwn release is scheduled?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

No one knows the release date and time... could be in 5 mins... could be tomorrow...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

humlan (2009-06-27)