Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: flickr tools overview, thoughts on iflickr, pushr, sendpics and mail

Lightbulb flickr tools overview, thoughts on iflickr, pushr, sendpics and mail
    i'm an avid flickr user and it's been great to see all of these flickr related apps become available for the iphone.

my flickr iphone usage is pretty simple. take a pic, title, tag, set privacy and upload it.

iflickr comes close. major props for the ability to tag, title, and save a copy of the pic on the iphone. i had problems with the authorization, and think that the authorization process could be a little more user friendly. by contrast, pushr was a breeze. also, i was a little put off by the bundled camera. in fact, i really like apple's camera interface better, but imagine iflickr as a tool will get better in time.

pushr is really simple. it sends any and all photos that are in the camera roll folder to your flickr account. it's an efficient app, and the authorization process was dead simple. it also keeps all of the exif information and doesn't add or subtract anything from the photos. that said, there are a few bits missing that might make this app a little more compelling. at present, there is no preview of the photos that you are uploading. once uploaded, there is no confirmation. the result is a bunch of new images on flickr, all titled with cryptic filenames, no tags, no privacy options.

as i mentioned, i need the ability to manage the photos before i send them. for this reason, i use sendpics. it took a minute to set up some flickr contacts in my addressbook, each with it's own privacy setting. i also had to learn some of the commands that flickr allows for sending emails - for example, adding tags to the body, and a title in the subject. the result is the same, but possibly in a more compact form factor. with sendpics, i can essentially send my pics to anyone, and any service.

in summary, i would really like a native app that works with iphone's built in camera and photo library. allows me to select photos, title them, tag them, set their privacy and batch upload them. adding to the dream list, would be to add the photos to an existing or new photoset, or sending them to a group. put that all together, and now we're talkin! for now, it's sendpics.

all of the apps mentioned are available through installer.app.

happy flickring!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seaofclouds For This Useful Post:

coreym@cfl.rr.com (2007-09-22), hillie (2007-09-30), unclear (2007-09-21)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

thanks so much! I was actually going to post a iFlickr vs Pushr thread to get opinions.

Yeah thanks, I was wondering the differences

Smile iFlickr : Some new features.
    Thanks for mentioning iFlickr.
    Some cool new features in 0.0.5

-- Geotagging : City, State, Country and Zip, automagically fetched from your cell location.
    -- Privacy options.

--pradeepta

I've been loving iFlickr, but the new 0.0.5 update is missing the continuous shoot feature!??! To tell you the truth, I used iFlickr more for that feature than the Flickr uploading (although I love that feature too).

Why is it gone now?

I would use iflickr if I could use it to upload from my camera roll.
    For now I just email pics to flickr.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

great reviews.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you SO MUCH topic creator

Neither of those apps fit the bill but I do already use SendPics to send my pics to Facebook.
    <madrussian> in russia, you dont remove installer.app, it removes you!

What the hell is with pushr?

I opened it up and it pushed some photos away. Where?? I didnt even enter my flickr info!!!

EDIT: Figured it out.

Gotta auth properly...

Thx!
    Last edited by shizzabrick; 2007-09-30 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    What the hell is with pushr?

I opened it up and it pushed some photos away. Where?? I didnt even enter my flickr info!!!

EDIT: Figured it out.

Gotta auth properly...

Thx!
    Hi, I have the same problem. It uploads the photo without asking my account info, can you tell me how do you fix it?

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

can we get a poll for which is better?
     Think Different

Yes, I too am not seeing how to authorize or anything. The only button I have is push to flickr and nothing for setup. How?

Paul

anyone else have iflickr just stop working all of a sudden ? it was working just fine and now when i open it it just closes back to home

Okay, I'm bringing this thread back from the dead because I'm looking at my options for Flickr uploading. Pushr seems to want to just send EVERYthing in my camera roll but I really don't want that - I want to be able to pick and choose which photos to upload. iFlickr doesn't let me access the camera roll at all...just take a pic and immediately upload it?

I'd love to find an app that lets me set up which photos I'd like to send, tag 'em, do anything else I need to do with 'em and then batch send 'em. Does this app exist?

Quote Originally Posted by iPHoneHome View Post
    Pushr seems to want to just send EVERYthing in my camera roll
    This statement is wrong...Pushr very much allows you to choose which photos to send to Flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by iPHoneHome View Post
    I'd love to find an app that lets me set up which photos I'd like to send, tag 'em, do anything else I need to do with 'em and then batch send 'em. Does this app exist?
    Nope.

A little more detail would've been lovely :-P

Nevertheless, I finally stumbled across the "swipe to the left" to edit the photo list (I'm assuming that deleting images from this list doesn't affect the camera roll - only which pics are uploaded).

So, riddle me this, then: all I see is a "Push to Flickr" button. No settings. No preferences. How do I set my Flickr account info? And where in the hell did it send those two pics it uploaded withOUT account info before I quit the app to get it to stop?

UI needs some work, to say the least...

can't you just link the folder that iFlickr uses to the folder where the camera roll photos are stored? They would essentially then be the same folder and you could take photos on the camera roll and send them with iFlickr. I don't know exactly where these are, but after some tinkering it should be easy.

The command would be something like this (in a terminal)

rm /var/private/blah/blah/iFlickr_photo_folder
    ln -s /blah/camera_roll_photo_folder /var/private/blah/blah/iFlickr_photo_folder