Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't vibrate when text is received

Default iPhone won't vibrate when text is received
    I was messing around with my phone earlier when I realized my phone was not vibrating when I received a text. I looked into it and found that the only time it does this is when I have SMS previews blocked with an app. I tried using iBlacklist and Pysl and the same thing happened with both apps, my phone stopped vibrating (and lighting up too, actually) when I turn on the feature to block SMS previews.
    I was searching around and I read a thread somewhere on these forums about how Keyvib changes something in the celestial.framework file which will cause the vibration to stop working when you turn the Hide SMS preview on.
    Someone had posted a celestial.framework file in the download section (1.1.4). I deleted the one already on my phone and replaced it with the new one, which was probably a stupid idea because I really have no idea what I'm doing. Either way, when I turned the phone back on, the same thing happens.. My phone works fine until I turn on the SMS preview blocker with either of those apps.
    Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could give me some possible solutions to fix this? I know I can put a password protection on it and then "Hide SMS Preview," however, I'm not really interested in doing that. I downloaded iBlacklist and Pysl for the first time today, which is why I am only now realizing the problem. Keyvib was uninstalled from my phone long before I downloaded either of the apps to block SMS preview because I could never get it to actually work on my phone.
    Sorry for the long rant, thanks for any help.
    Last edited by mtnike5; 2009-06-10 at 08:21 AM.