Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Header battery icon problem - 2 digits instead of images?

Default Header battery icon problem - 2 digits instead of images?
    Evening all,

I think it may be down to Customize as I've been messing around with that a lot over the past few days, but I'm having a strange problem with the header battery icon on my iPhone.

When on the springboard and you only have the grayed out 'outline' type icons at the top it's fine, and will show me the standard battery outline with however much battery power I've got left. But once I go in to an application and you get the full colour icons at the top, all I get are 2 digits that appear to relate to the percentage of battery power left.

I've tried using customize to change the header battery icon to all sorts of themes, but none of them will change it, I still have the 2 digits all the time.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Gregorio; 2008-03-12 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Pics for clarification

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
    Evening all,

I think it may be down to Customize as I've been messing around with that a lot over the past few days, but I'm having a strange problem with the header battery icon on my iPhone.

When on the springboard and you only have the grayed out 'outline' type icons at the top it's fine, and will show me the standard battery outline with however much battery power I've got left. But once I go in to an application and you get the full colour icons at the top, all I get are 2 digits that appear to relate to the percentage of battery power left.

I've tried using customize to change the header battery icon to all sorts of themes, but none of them will change it, I still have the 2 digits all the time.

Any ideas?
    Do you have Advanced Preferences installed? Try touching the battery icon and see if that will switch between the battery icon and the two-digit percentage number. That's how it works on mine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

Gregorio (2008-03-12)

I don't, no, I'll see if I can get it and give it a go.

edit: I couldn't find advanced preferences to download, so just tapped the battery icon out of frustration - and it changed it back to the image style! Are there any other apps that add this functionality? I've definitely not got advanced preferences so god knows what's going on!

Thanks. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Gregorio; 2008-03-12 at 01:26 AM. Reason: because I can

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

I found that even when I restored my iPhone, the percentage functionality was still there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

Gregorio (2008-12-09)