Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Categories" Problem

Default "Categories" Problem
    Version: Categories v.1.72
    iPhone Firmware: 1.1.4

I downloaded it from Cydia Installer, Im located in Costa Rica, so I can't update my iPhone's firmware cause it could get blocked. (region stuff...)
    Anyways, the application worked fine at first, but later I decided to make a folder called "Installers & Preferences" and I added the Installer and the Cydia Installer into the folder... When I touch the folder it goes back to the springboard (main menu or whatever )
    It seems that both installers are gone now, I've tried pretty much everything but it just won't work, the only way would be by removing the app from the Cydia installer or the Installer but they are gone! I have no idea what to do! Cause the "Categories" app is also missing!

I don't want to make a full format cause the iPhone could get a region block and I don't want to pay a guy (again) to unlock the SIM for my country.
    I really need help, i'll be patiently waiting for a reply.

Reboot. (if you havent tried that)

If you have SBsettings installed you can "unpoof" the apps and they will show back up on your springboard.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Reboot. (if you havent tried that)

If you have SBsettings installed you can "unpoof" the apps and they will show back up on your springboard.
    Sorry for the dumb question... how do I reboot?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Hold down the power button on the top until the screen says "Slide to Power Off"... then slide.

Just hold the power button till the "slide to turn off" thing comes up and turn the phone off....then back on.

Still didn't worked.

You know you can restore your phone in itunes WITHOUT upgrading the firmware.

Isn't there any known fix for this? Im really pissed right now.

You know you can restore your phone in itunes WITHOUT upgrading the firmware.
    But that would delete the region patch...
    Last edited by Red-Blitz; 2009-06-05 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Its hard to say theres a fix when we cant tell whats causing the issue.

Its hard to say theres a fix when we cant tell whats causing the issue.
    You know what... Im gonna make a video. be right back with the link.

Dunno if it would help. I understand what your saying, but Im saying its nearly impossible to tell why the apps are crashing....it could be any number of things you have installed. Usually the only way of fixing it is by reinstalling the app (which you cant do) or restoring (which you dont wanna do). See.