Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Medical Apps

Default Medical Apps
    hey, all these apps being developed are great. Is anyone out there working on any medical apps? I'm in school & this would come in real handy. Let's say a med dictionary, a unit converter, &/or a medication guide. All of these are out there for the windows mobile world. Epocrates is a great service for medications, maybe someone could base it off of there, since the website offers free downloads, for windows, palm etc.
    thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I have no use for this at all, but i think that its a really good idea actually.

you can use epocrates online on the iPhone. There is a web based version you can access at online.epocrates.com.

I'd much rather have some native apps though!

I used a few of these as a paramedic. I would be interested in working with omse one on this.

Yeah I know about epocrates online but when in the hospital edge can be shoddy & personally the hospital I'm at has no wifi, so a native app is ideal.

As a paramedic, I'd love to see this.... There is not a better device to have it based on!

Yeah I know what you mean. I used a few apps on my TREO but had to switch to a web based one like WISER. cant always get to the info I need in the field.

My wife is a nursing student so i had to find a way for her to have access to medical references on her iPhone. First, i thought about downloading all the drug guides and references as ebooks and getting the ebook app, but i figured it'd be too much of a pain in the *** to get it set up properly. So i searched and searched, then i came accross this:

Its online based but its made for the iphone and runs very fast even on edge.

Fiest your eyes on this badboy.

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/iphone/demo

Navigate to this site from your iphone and bookmark it. Its everything you ever wanted for a studying in the medical field.

simply type in what you're looking for in the search field and hit SEARCH. It will give you medicines, symptoms, related items, pictures, diagrams etc etc etc.....the list goes on

Want an example?? type in albuterol (its a medicine) and you will see all the info that pops up.
    Last edited by oogotbagsoo; 2007-09-20 at 05:27 AM.

I fully agree with this. I want a full native PDR. If my coworkers can have it on their palm, surely we can have somethign cool on the iphone

Quote Originally Posted by oogotbagsoo View Post
    My wife is a nursing student so i had to find a way for her to have access to medical references on her iPhone. First, i thought about downloading all the drug guides and references as ebooks and getting the ebook app, but i figured it'd be too much of a pain in the *** to get it set up properly. So i searched and searched, then i came accross this:

Its online based but its made for the iphone and runs very fast even on edge.

Fiest your eyes on this badboy.

http://www.unboundmedicine.com/iphone/demo

Navigate to this site from your iphone and bookmark it. Its everything you ever wanted for a studying in the medical field.

simply type in what you're looking for in the search field and hit SEARCH. It will give you medicines, symptoms, related items, pictures, diagrams etc etc etc.....the list goes on

Want an example?? type in albuterol (its a medicine) and you will see all the info that pops up.
    It's pretty good, & should keep me busy for a little. The native app is what we're all hopefully waiting on:-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

im a pharmacy student. also intrested in some native app... hopefully something like lexicomp

iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish I would have found this sooner I just posted a new thread.

I too am wanting a Native App - pref a Drug Book/Guide of some sort for quick reference and a Medical Dictionary would be great too.

I have service on my unit but if I get pulled to other units I may not.
    Plus some floors don't allow cell phones on. (Stupid I know) but precautionary - so it would be very easy to use if it was native and all I would have to do do would be to turn on the Airplane Mode and be within the policy.

bump, any1 working on this??

My EMT text book comes with a cd that has EMT Field Guide and other things on a cd that you can you put on your Palm or Windows Mobile phone or PDA.... not fair.

I would love the simple EMT-B/I/P field guides as a native app. Hell, i'd pay for it if someone wants to make a little extra cash =)

While you're at it, how about a pulse/heart rate monitor. I'll bet Dash-2 (the pedometer guy) could come up with something where you slap the iphone onto their chest or neck and it reads out a heart rate.

Is there a way to get a basic drug info book into weDict?

physician desk reference would be nice on the iphone

Creator of "Phiberglass" Theme.
    www.austingrade.com
    www.iphoneinfoblog.com
    Computer: MacBook Pro
    Processor: 2.53GHz
    Memory: 4 GB SDRAM
    Drive Space: 320 GB
    Phone: 16GB White
    External Drives: 250 GB & 350 GB

I'm sure epocrates can't be on iphone as native app because of Apple. Same goes with medical native medical application. As soon as apple allow 3rd party applications, you will see this coming.

http://epocrates1.custhelp.com/cgi-b...hp?p_faqid=952

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast