View Poll Results: Summerboard or iSwitcher???

Voters
477. You may not vote on this poll
  • Summerboard

356 74.63%
  • iSwitch

21 4.40%
  • I use both

100 20.96%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Summerboard or iSwitcher

after greg's suggestion to use iswitcher and summerboard its been much easier and i got to delete a lot of summerboard theme's that are useless now
    Hit Thanks!

YES! Just broke 1,000 for pxl and Installer installs / downloads (not counting the iBrickr page(s) ) for v1.3.... sweet!

Edit and over 205 iUnlock installs

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

congrats! I know that iSwitcher is still the best app released so far. Keep up the good work.

Well, I always used summerboard but i decided to download iSwitcher and i must say im impressed. it is a very easy setup and i love it.

i use both know for the reasons mentioned above.

thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGreg View Post
    No worries... I too thought iSwitcher was dust after using SummerBoard 2.1... but now I find myself using it more... Let's say you want a Leopard theme with Prado icons. Can't do that with just SummerBoard (until someone releases the 64,000 theme combinations it would take ) but you can do it with both SummerBoard and iSwitcher. Load the icons with iSwitcher and set the theme to Leopard in SummerBoard (if the SummerBoard theme has icons, turn them off to see the iSwitcher icons).

What if you want a custom dock, the iTouch icons (iSwitcher theme) and the Panther theme? Well then you need to use, iSwitcher, SummerBoard and DockSwap...

My personal favorite is my Earthlight SummerBoard theme (no icons) with blueStone... or wait maybe it's Prado iSwitcher w/Woodpanel SummerBoard theme
    i personally love both...one cant function without the other i use prado icons and leopard theme aswell =)

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

YES! Just broke 1,000 for pxl and Installer installs / downloads (not counting the iBrickr page(s) ) for v1.3.... sweet!

Edit and over 205 iUnlock installs
    Congrats!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

WOW! like what 27 hours later and now it's over 1600 combined installs.

I can't wait for version 1.4

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

You're a pro.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I use iswitcher and I love it! i use it in conjunction with dockswap, i tried installing summerboard twice and both times it made my iphone freeze and nothing worked and i had to go into restore mode and restore it and have been too afraid to try installing it again, but last time was 2 days ago. Stickin with Iswitcher!

I just want to say summerboard and iswitcher work great together. I am full on newb just bought my first computer 2 weeks ago and my new iphone. 2 days ago and am amazed at all the apps that are out there and you guys who create this stuff keep it comming. I think those two apps go hand in hand.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Different strokes for different folks. I tried both and stuck with only Summerboard.

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Summerboard
     Think Different

I've only tried summerboard and its great

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

iswitcher was the greatest app untill summerboard, i use both, i can't turn my back on iswitch because of displayorder.plist

Like What i Said?, Hit The Thanks Button!

Help Greg!

Something must be wrong with something on my phone, because everyone is saying that iswitcher and summerboard work great together. Not on my phone.

If I try to change a theme using summerboard and I have all the sliders including icons turn to the on position, The iSwitcher icons still remain, the only ones that change are the ones that there was no new icon for that app using the iSwitcher theme. Im sorry, hard to explain at 4am...

All the icons that had been updated by iSwitcher seemed to be locked in. This includes all the original programs on the phone as well as many of the third party apps. I uninstalled iSwitcher, same result. I installed the latest version of iSwitcher, same result. I can switch themes using iSwitcher, but thats all. Did iSwitcher possible change a pref. file that I need to delete or something like that.

Thanks in advance

-B

Quote Originally Posted by easyb View Post
    Help Greg!

Something must be wrong with something on my phone, because everyone is saying that iswitcher and summerboard work great together. Not on my phone.

If I try to change a theme using summerboard and I have all the sliders including icons turn to the on position, The iSwitcher icons still remain, the only ones that change are the ones that there was no new icon for that app using the iSwitcher theme. Im sorry, hard to explain at 4am...

All the icons that had been updated by iSwitcher seemed to be locked in. This includes all the original programs on the phone as well as many of the third party apps. I uninstalled iSwitcher, same result. I installed the latest version of iSwitcher, same result. I can switch themes using iSwitcher, but thats all. Did iSwitcher possible change a pref. file that I need to delete or something like that.

Thanks in advance

-B
    So you're saying that iSwitcher is working but SummerBoard isn't? Um.. how is this "my" problem? Just kidding.....

You need to be running SummerBoard 2.1 or higher and you know not all SummerBoard themes have icons, right? What third party SummerBoard themes have you installed?

To be perfectly clear, iSwitcher replaces icons directly in the app folders on your phone, where SummerBoard uses it's own icons to "present" applications that you have displayed on your home screen. So, unless you have every single icon on your home screen you won't see the SummerBoard changes in say iLauncher or Launcher or XLaunch for that matter.

In addition, to get the full benefit of iSwitcher, you should select the "iSwitcher" SummerBoard theme because this is the one that iSwitcher uses.

Last edited by CyberGreg; 2007-10-04 at 01:39 PM.

laugh...when I was writing it I thought the same thing, but it just seems like iSwitcher is taking priority over the icons. Do you not think this is the case?

I was using SummerBoard for a while, the themes are nice, didnt really mess around with the dock

However when I came across the ISwitcher themes.... WOW!

Great stuff Greg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by easyb View Post
    laugh...when I was writing it I thought the same thing, but it just seems like iSwitcher is taking priority over the icons. Do you not think this is the case?
    That is absolutely the case, if:
    1. The SummerBoard theme has no icons
    2. You have icons turned off in the SMBPrefs

I am 100% sure that if you are running SummerBoard and you pick a theme that has icons, they will show on the home screen and not the icons that you loaded with iSwitcher.

Boy, wouldn't it be nice if iSwitcher could install icons with spaces in their name (Lights Off, My Ebay, etc) and if you could somehow tweak a theme once you had it installed. Say like have an "Icons" folder inside each theme where you could just drop in some special icons or updated icons that were released after the theme?

I added four "dialer" apps to my home screen, you know like the 911 app but obviously not 911, they are people specific. Well these are named like "Jim Cell", "Bill Work", etc. It would be really great if iSwitcher could change these icons, too....
    Hmmm

So you're saying that iSwitcher is working but SummerBoard isn't? Um.. how is this "my" problem? Just kidding.....
    By your response I gathered that it was just not a quick fix with one of your pref files. So I looked deeper into what I did to my files that could be causing this. And I found it! Before when the only way to get rid of applications names were to edit the "LocalizedApplicationNames.strings" and thats exactly what I had done, I erased the name so it would just be blank. But I guess that information is useful for summerboard. Replaces the "LocalizedApplicationNames.strings" file with a fresh copy off of this website and all works great now. So sorry about the false accusation iSwitcher didn't cause any of my problems, and it works great side by side with SB.

-B
    Last edited by easyb; 2007-10-05 at 05:41 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast