Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New icons for Categories

Default New icons for Categories
    Using categories, I put all my apps in either my Toys folder or my Tools folder. Is there a way I can assign my own icon to these folders, rather the the ones available with Categories?

Yep..

SSH into your phone and find the "icons" folder in the Categories.app folder. Place icons there, and you'll be able to select them when you create a new category.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sn0wballz For This Useful Post:

eve.lynn (2008-07-24), Jahooba (2009-10-26), Rosbaughcr (2008-03-10)

The folder is in:

private/var/stash/applications/categories.app/icons

I transferred all my icons to my computer, but many of them are showing just a black image. Any ideas why that would happen?

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

What are you using to look at them? I have come to find that the image does not display all the time on my mac using preview but if i open them up in photoshop i can then see them.
    Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by ltjbigshot View Post
    What are you using to look at them? I have come to find that the image does not display all the time on my mac using preview but if i open them up in photoshop i can then see them.
    I'm actually in Windows 7 looking at it through Explorer. I'll boot up XP and get back to you. It may have something to do with how 7 interprets transparencies in png's... I don't remember ever having a problem in xp.

Also, I was using WinSCP for the file transfer.

Reripped them on XP and used iPhonebrowser. They're showing up fine. The icons I ripped onto Windows 7 don't work in XP either, so it wasn't the OS -- it was the program I was using to rip.

Anyway, problem solved