Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: updating my 1.1.2 unlocked jailbroken uk iPhone to 1.1.4

Default updating my 1.1.2 unlocked jailbroken uk iPhone to 1.1.4
    Hi all,

My appologies if this topic has been discussed before. I'm a new member,only joined earlier today. Is it possible for me to update the firmware on my 1.1.2 unlocked and jailbroken uk iPhone without it reverting back to factory (back on the preset 02 network) my 1.1.2 is running perfect on orange but most of the packages in installer run on firmware 1.1.4. Can I install "cydia" that I read so much about on here and will it give me extra apps to use?
    Any help given will be muchley appreciated but please keep it simple. I'm used to windows never used mac before.

Thanks.

Update your phone to 2.x.Build a custom fw with quickpwn.So you will have app store&cydia.Also forget the installer,it always sucks.Cydia has all what you need...

Many thanks. While I'm sure its all perfect advice.... How do I do it. My of is running on vista. Do I do it thru that or use my phone alone? What's an "fw" and how do I build one? Will quickpwn run on windows cos ive read its mac only and will they still have 2x available?
    phew! But like I said...... Heeeeelp!

Fw is firmware
    Quickpwn runs perfect on windows.
    Follow this link&find your need
    iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone