Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Member - Some Qu's

Smile New Member - Some Qu's
    Hey, just registered, but have been looking at this site for some time,
    i have a jailbroken 1st gen itouch and love it, i love changing and personalizing it to what i require but i have a few questions,

1) Ive heard of the all sources repo, but the http codes ive found dont get me the repo
    2) I know customize has problems changing strings, any other apps recommended?
    3) I have seen videos on youtube of people with 5 icons by 5 icons springboards, anyone know of add ons for winterboard that does this?

Thanks in advance
    Joseph.

Hello Joseph, and welcome.

to start with your first question, I'm not sure why you're not getting the repo to work. my suggestion is to take a look in the sources section of cydia and try to install the repo instead of adding it manually

secondly, its not customize that has issues changing strings, its the customize app itself that is the problem, I have gotten it to work (changing strings) and I'm on 2.2. I did however just find a thread explaining on how to get the entire app to work however. You can find it here: Making Customize Work

and finally, the third question. I don't believe that you are looking for something in winterboard. This is an Add-on all in itself, there is a program you can download called Five Icon Dock, (obviously to give you five icons on your dock) and a program called Five-Column Springboard (to give you five column's) and finally there is a five row springboard, that I cannot seem to find in cydia at this time, but the other two "five Icon Dock and Five-Column Springboard" you can find in the tweaks section. The Five Icon Dock should be in a default repo in cydia because Saurik (the creator of cydia) made this little add-on. the Five-Column Springboard should be able to be found in the "ste" repo, which may also be default, I cant remember....

Hopefully this helps, and again, WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY

Cheers,

MrB
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblader For This Useful Post:

aIwaYz (2009-04-21)

thanks very much that cleared up alot,
    what i mean in qu1 is that on the youtube vids it gives you a source to add : steffwiz, i beleive and when i add this source the repo doesnt pop up, its weird

thanks for the quick reply
    Joseph.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

It actually works, as far as making Customize work.