Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickChat - google talk, jabber, ICQ, AIM - client that work over any app

iPhone? More like MyPhone PEakaS's Avatar
    Thanks

Default QuickChat - google talk, jabber, ICQ, AIM - client that work over any app
    This is early alpha version But its work. Its work over any app like QuickSMS or QuickBirthday.

Ask me via Google Talk: [email protected] or twitter: pavelegorkin.

Download it now! Cydia repository:
    isoftru.ru/beta

Latest news, changes and discussion will be here

Of course alpha is free.
    Test it, Ask, make Suggestions and give ideas

Most easy to test it with google account
    Just go QuickBoard->Settings->QuickChat->Accounts->Edit->Create new
    And enter your data.

UPD:

New version already in Cydia

Addition:
    :Sound on incoming messages
    :Autocomplit server, when you add Google Talk account.
    Last edited by PEakaS; 2009-04-16 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

loving it so far

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    loving it so far
    In today release we want to add easy account managment...
    Improve landscape and stability
    Autoreconnect

Thanks

Does QuickChat work with Windows Live? (Hotmail)
    If not, it would be awesome if it will sometime in the future

I had it working until the update and now i get nothing :-( why not? Neither of my google accounts work :-(

sM3e

why the heck is quickchat trying to install QuickBirthday and QuickSMS as prerequisites ? :/

Thanks

If you want one of these applications (QuickSMS, QuickBirthday, or QuickChat) you have to install them ALL. If you dont want to use a specific application, then just disable it in QuickBoard

well, i think its stupid to make me install them all if i just wanted to test chat one... (and since i refuse to install them, i wont test anything :/)

Thanks

We have some troubles with our server so lets use third side jabber server with transports to MSN, ICQ and AOL
    (when we rise up own server process will be much easer)

THIRD SIDE SERVER LIST: http://www.jabberes.org/servers/

This is akl.lt server

1)
    At first go to the accounts tab

2)
    Then register new account (other)

Username: [email protected]
    Password: yourpassword
    Host: akl.lt:5222

Press register.

Now you see new account in your accounts list. Enter in it

Look at transports list:

Go to the transport you need

and press register

Enter you AOL name or MSN mail or ICQ uin (base on transport you need)
    You don`t see symbols in field.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    well, i think its stupid to make me install them all if i just wanted to test chat one... (and since i refuse to install them, i wont test anything :/)
    QuickChat does not work without QuickBoard.

So you have at least one required prerequisite
    Last edited by PEakaS; 2009-04-22 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

its working

i registered.

In "Server transports", it says "Not Connected".

Quote Originally Posted by PEakaS View Post

QuickChat does not work without QuickBoard.

So you have at least one required prerequisite
    but i complained about QuickSMS and QuickBirthday as prerequisites, not the REAL ones :/

Nothing happening when I click register. Then after a min it resprings and goes to lock screen.

reset the phone and it should be fine..its running on mine nonstop, no problems right now superb battery life

Thanks

Did you try new beta? - its much stable, and have some features like notify icon in status bar and new new message alert
    Last edited by PEakaS; 2009-04-21 at 04:22 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine also freezes and then resprings when I hit Register in the New Account page.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    why the heck is quickchat trying to install QuickBirthday and QuickSMS as prerequisites ? :/
    I got pissed when I read this. The first proper IM app for jailbroken iPhones since 2.0 and the 3G were released and the developer(s) somehow missed the fact that people hate this kinda BS? I don't care how good QuickChat is, until these ludicrous dependencies are removed I will not be touching it.

And to put it into perspective, you see this list of dependencies when installing SBSettings:

SBSettings
    sbsettingstoggles

Now imagine if you saw this list:

Categories
    Poof
    Respring
    SBSettings
    sbsettingstoggles
    SBSettings Theme Pack

The difference here is that all of the SBSettings stuff is free whereas much of what I like to call the "QuickSuite" is not. It just makes me think that this is nothing but a marketing move to get other apps out to paying customers.

Final note directly to the developer: I understand the dependency on QuickBoard and don't mind that so much. But please for the love of god make QuickSMS and QuickBirthday optional as many of us not only don't need them but don't want them. Your QuickChat app has a lot of potential but a move like this is going to turn a lot of people off, not just from QuickChat but from any apps you have created or will create.

Banned
    Thanks

Let me all inform you....

Isoft... While they put out a great product... I WOULD not trust them with a IM client.
    Most Likely They will be reading your messages and have your login information.
    'When they rise up their own servers'

They do not practice proper business and more then likely will use this information if provoked .

They have already proven themselves untrustworthy when they caused thousands of phones to have to restore when they pushed the Time bomb hidden in a 'crack' that THEY actually released for Mysms.

Any scub bag company that does that cannot be trusted with such information.
    They are Very unprofessional and will most likely steal any information they deem important.

BTW what kind of SMS app comes with a birthday app?
    What kind of IM client comes with a SMS and birthday app?
    This is nonsense that they group them together. Its a pathetic ploy and you cannot uninstall one. Its all or nothing which makes no sense.

Hey Pavel, some advice why don't you fix your existing apps before creating new ones?
    You rather have 4 apps that are in alpha/beta stage then have one working one.
    Create business model.
    Last edited by Carrbone; 2009-04-21 at 06:04 AM.

Thanks

Hi Carbone

Start from the end:

We have 5 apps and one app in alpha

And ALL this apps have users that like it. Most of people who test it - like it. Its much better then apple default apps.
    You use it too, so why its beta? Its fully functional good apps.

Second:
    You see much SMS client on iPhone? So where is nonesence? Why i can add call manager or mcleaner functionality and does not sms and birthday?
    You can easily disable any app from quickboard in any time you want (for example i disable QuickBirthday because i have paid intelliscreen)
    Just go to the QuickBoard settings.

Third:
    About crackers, morality, and time bomb - its old and different story. You want to talk about it and start a poll? Let`s make it in different thread. Ok?

Fourth:
    We work more then half of year. In this time we make apps that know almous all people who have jaibroaken iPhone.
    We rise up standarts on SMS clients much higher then it be half of year ago. And give a stimulus to other dev`s to work on their clients and make it better.
    iRealSMS now much better then it be 6 month ago. They take some thing from us, we take some things from his and its good Good for user.

In this 6 month we have troubles with mail server, support, and other things. But every time i try to answer to all, and communicate with every who need.
    You know my mail: [email protected] - so you can contact me for any question you need.

Do you know any registered user that have troubles with us?

And lets talk about quickchat

And about stealing )) You are not noob in IT, take Phoenix and test QuickChat in simple sniffer, as you know jabber protocol based on xml - so you can see all info you send.
    If you don`t trust us - use third side (or your own) jabber server. And receive complitly security.
    Last edited by PEakaS; 2009-04-21 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast