Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: QuickChat - google talk, jabber, ICQ, AIM - client that work over any app

guys, stay on topic...

IMO, quickchat is revolutionaty in terms of IM apps for iphone, thatīs it...huge potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    guys, stay on topic...

IMO, quickchat is revolutionaty in terms of IM apps for iphone, thatīs it...huge potential.
    It does have potential, but it currently sucks. Most of the time I can't even register for a new account cause it freezes, and when I do manage to get it registered there's nothing listed under the transports. Not to mention my springboard has crashed at least 3 times on my since I've installed it, and it's only been like 30 min. Absolutely terrible app.

I can't help but agree with Carrbone. Peakas, while your ideas are great, your implementation of them are terrible. Why? Because you don't focus on developing one app until the bugs are correctly ironed out. MySMS still has problems that should have been fixed forever ago. Instead you decided to start development on THREE other apps that aren't even stable. Not only that, your words as far as when things are going to be released are meaningless. I remember when a new beta for MySMS was schedule to be released within two weeks of being announced, but there was no response for you or anyone affiliated with the team for well over a month. It took even longer for the new release to come. That's absolutely unacceptible. Maybe if your programs were free, there'd be more leeway. But considering you charge for your apps, there are no excuses. If for whatever reason at that time you guys couldn't fully commitment to development of MySMS, the very least you guys could have said something.

While your ideas are great, as a company and a business, I can't say the same. When MySMS first started, I was an avid supporter of the app and your company. Despite being in its early stages, and not as stable as iRealSMS, I stayed true to MySMS. Not only did I respect creativity of your apps, but also the business model - quality product at a reasonable price. But the promise of a quality product never completely came true. I've always supported the underdogs, and had no problem paying for MySMS. But if I could, I'd ask for a refund back. The product/company has gone so downhill that it's not even worth my $5 anymore. I genuinely hope you guys change your line of thinking, and focus on the customers first instead of trying to "change the game."
    Last edited by gbadude; 2009-04-21 at 11:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PEakaS's Avatar
    Thanks

to gbadude
    I understand your words. And you are right in some terms.

About QuickChat: when it freeze? Did you use latest version of it and QuickBoard? Which protocols you use?

ps: if you buy via paypal we make a refund if you don`t like our apps.
    pps: about cost - QuickChat will cost $2.99

@gbadude, i and 3 friends have been testing quickchat since it come out...got some freezes after instalation of every version, but after a power+home buttons reset, all goes fine...i have it running almost all the time when i am on wifi...so probably, the problem is your phone. Mind you, i do not have cracked products from isoftr...i bought quicksms...i heard people with cracked quicksms might have problem with quickchat - not saying you have cracks, but its just a thought

currently i have gtalk, msn and yahoo working

loving the dinamic status featue - shows what app you are using in the iphone, what music you are playing, of if you are just moving around (using the accelerometer)...try that with push notifications...go ahead...
    Last edited by ares07; 2009-04-21 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PEakaS View Post

Second:
    You see much SMS client on iPhone? So where is nonesence? Why i can add call manager or mcleaner functionality and does not sms and birthday?
    You can easily disable any app from quickboard in any time you want (for example i disable QuickBirthday because i have paid intelliscreen)
    Just go to the QuickBoard settings.
    why should i install like 10 mb of stuff if i just want a small portion ?

i dont install the full office suit when i want just word and exel....

i saw the thread, got intrested, added the repo, went to instal QUICKCHAT, saw 2 stupid NON functional, but marketing dependencies, and decided it was not worth it -_-

So I finnaly got my gmail account connected, but now it says Not Connected under server transports and when I click that it freezes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocchiararo View Post
    i saw the thread, got intrested, added the repo, went to instal QUICKCHAT, saw 2 stupid NON functional, but marketing dependencies, and decided it was not worth it -_-
    Its your decision. And thank for your opinion.

Anyway - did you test QuickSMS? May be some suggestions about it?
    Сritical view from side its always useful.
    Will be nice if you PM or reply on twitter its to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HAMNCHZ View Post
    So I finnaly got my gmail account connected, but now it says Not Connected under server transports and when I click that it freezes.
    You trying find transports in google talk?

To my regret Google does not support any transports, or we don`t know how to add it.

You can connect via third side servers that support transport you need.

Here list of servers: http://www.jabberes.org/servers/
    Last edited by PEakaS; 2009-04-22 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Its your decision. And thank for your opinion.

Anyway - did you test QuickSMS? May be some suggestions about it?
    Сritical view from side its always useful.
    Will be nice if you PM or reply on twitter its to me.
    i never got to test quickSMS for a few reasons:

1) i had already bought iRealSMS, and dind't want to have to regret it if quickSMS was better :P
    2) i didnt like the idea of having something "heavy" on all the time (i use few mobilesubstrate like stuff for the same reason)

Now, at least you said "its your desition" instead of repeating the "solution" of installing and disabling what i didnt want (and wasnt necesary)
    Last edited by Cocchiararo; 2009-04-22 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by HAMNCHZ View Post
    maybe I'm not understanding how to set this up properly. this is what im entering. I've set up my AIM account to but i get the same message

FOR GOOGLE
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: *******
    Host: akl.lt:5222

FOR AIM
    Username: [email protected]
    Password: ********
    Host: akl.lt:5222

both come up with the same error message. not connented under server transports. doing something wrong?
    for google, no transport is needed...you have it wrong...its direct

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

My iPod has frozen just by trying to register an account. Can anyone help?

Thanks

i never got to test quickSMS for a few reasons:

1) i had already bought iRealSMS, and dind't want to have to regret it if quickSMS was better :P
    2) i didnt like the idea of having something "heavy" on all the time (i use few mobilesubstrate like stuff for the same reason)

Now, at least you said "its your desition" instead of repeating the "solution" of installing and disabling what i didnt want (and wasnt necesary)
    If you want to discuss that, we can start another thread with poll.

So you talk that this is useless non trying it?

Did you try to press "add existing account" -> google talk and then write your mail and password?

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila99 View Post
    My iPod has frozen just by trying to register an account. Can anyone help?
    All ok with your internet connection?
    If so:
    try to wait one minute after pressing register.

Please describe what you do little more...
    Last edited by PEakaS; 2009-04-22 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you want to discuss that, we can start another thread with poll.

So you talk that this is useless non trying it?
    i see that none of us speaks english as our first language :P

now, your last sentence...

NO, i didn't say that the FAKE DEPENDENCIES that you have set (quickSMS and quickbirthday) are useless... i say that they are not needed for quickCHAT to work, and i, for one (and some other people too it seems) find it disgusting when devs put in fake dependencies just to try to make people test other stuff they make...

i have no idea about the topic of the poll you mentioned either. I just explained whay I didnt test "x" software ever, and thats a fact for me, and for me only.

Thanks

i see that none of us speaks english as our first language :P

i have no idea about the topic of the poll you mentioned either. I just explained whay I didnt test "x" software ever, and thats a fact for me, and for me only.
    Sorry for misunderstood. I hope someday you test our app and like it.

Thanks

All ok with your internet connection?
    If so:
    try to wait one minute after pressing register.

Please describe what you do little more...
    My internet connection is good. After i wait one minute after pressing register my ipod restarts. First, i open up quickchat and go to the Accounts tab and tap Register new account. Next i press other and i put in the information it asks. Then i press register and it freezes until it restarts. I'm registering an account so i can use my AIM account. Why is it that i can't register a new account?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila99 View Post
    My internet connection is good. After i wait one minute after pressing register my ipod restarts. First, i open up quickchat and go to the Accounts tab and tap Register new account. Next i press other and i put in the information it asks. Then i press register and it freezes until it restarts. I'm registering an account so i can use my AIM account. Why is it that i can't register a new account?
    Did you have google account? Try to add it as google talk. Just for test

I've added my AIM account and it loads like half my buddy list. Doesn't show me any of my online users. I like the idea of it being on all the time and showing statusbar icons, but until its fully functionably I had to disable it.

Thanks

well it's not working. I would like to use my AIM account. BUT i have to register first, which is where i have the freezing problem. So can you help me, step by step?

Default yahoo?
    is this compatible with yahoo messenger? because i use yahoo for texting and i would like popup notifications.

if so can someone tell me step by step how to set it up?

yes, itīs compatible..i have it working...it also can alert you of new yahoo mail

Default server?
    i got logged in but under server transports it says not connected. how do i make it connected? and set it to yahoo?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast