Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Remove Customize From ste Petition

Default Remove Customize From ste Petition
    lets be frank... customize just flat out does not work. i cant even edit system strings anymore with it. the only thing that was improved with the last update was that it doesnt crash when not in airplane mode anymore. i think that spicy chicken has gotten 1 too many chances to improve it and it should be removed from the ste packaging repository permanently or until spicy shows them a real working application.

to help persuade you to support this case think of how many threads that are started by noobs that are asking about customize and how to get it working and so on. think of all the useless questions that have been asked and will be completely avoided by doing this. customize is one of those app that we just forget about and move on without. summerboard has been replaced by winterboard and the same fate is upon customize.

i have started a petition and plan to send it to ste by the end of april i just hope that enough people agree with me that they will be persuaded.

sign it here:
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/275720340

you can also leave your comments here obviously and i am looking forward to flaming all of the idiots who insist their opinions in this thread. remember that the point of this thread is that you can sign the petition if you agree with the cause but if you do not you have the right to express your opinion but please dont try to force it on everyone, it will just result in you feeling like an *** hole and made a lot of people dislike you

Thanks

Customize was great back in the day (as anyone from pre-2.0 days will find hard to argue) and Spicy has worked incredibly hard on it. This is not his full-time occupation, hence the slow down in putting it out...

People need to appreciate and understand how hard it is to code things like this and how much work is involved and give it time. If we chastised every single app that didn't initially work in its first form much like Customize 2.0 we would, in my opinion, be a very sad, sorry community. No one is forcing you to download it either; if you really want it that bad, just be patient until a confirmed stable release is out.

Spicy, in my mind, has earned as many chances as he wants to get his new project right and I think that anyone that can appreciate the work he has done in the past will agree.

Not trying to knock you man, just my two cents, although I'm sure someone will be butt-hurt over this.
    Last edited by ALL DAY; 2009-04-14 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Waiting
    Respect your elders.

i see where u are coming from and i know that it was a great app back in the day, but it is long since done for... it has been replaced by winterboard... if it worked anymore i would use it and love it but it has been doing nothing but cause problems and take up space since 2.0

i do like what he did but it is about time that this one is put to rest...

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

It has not been replaced by Winterboard. Winterboard is where you can apply themes that others put together completely. In customize you could download bits and pieces and then mush them into your own theme. For example, I always had my header battery themed in the 1.1.x days. I have not seen one theme yet today that has a header battery part of it. That's just my opinion though, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bteamer tons of themes have the header battery, and if you cant use the app to do what ur saying then it has been replaced because you can do that with winterboard just either have to do it manually or you can find small bits and pieces packages

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

Someone should have made a motion long ago!

wait........... http://www.modmyi.com/forums/native-...installer.html

Oh yeah.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (2009-04-15)

one1 does this mean that you will sign the petition?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,175 Times in 724 Posts

I'd sign anything for you my friend.

well thats two signatures comeon people lets get this done

Thanks

^Poll says "0", FYI...
    Respect your elders.

^^ ya i know idk y its not updating

ill tall you what just throw a +1 up if you signed it that way if it duznt update then we will still have a number

Thanks

+1

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

+1

Thanks

+2 I signed it, and so did my mom.

I've always wondered how one 'forces' their opinion on another. And who determines if there's a little force or a lotta force? or a whole lotta force?
    To live, you have to lie

why not just delete it from your worries, seems a lot easier. i agree customize is buggy and winterboard makes it damn near useless but b4 winterboard it was the best thing in installer. why not give the pollo a break. its not like it installs with the jailbreak, why go through so much trouble to sh*t on someones hard work?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to rstuvwxyz For This Useful Post:

kwall (2009-04-16)

Thanks

lol forgot to mention-

Wrong forum.

moved

Quote Originally Posted by rstuvwxyz View Post
    why not just delete it from your worries, seems a lot easier. i agree customize is buggy and winterboard makes it damn near useless but b4 winterboard it was the best thing in installer. why not give the pollo a break. its not like it installs with the jailbreak, why go through so much trouble to sh*t on someones hard work?

Agreed

8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Thanks

im personally confused by this thread. if x amount of people sign this petition and in turn remove Customize from ste doesn't that mean those people are enforcing their opinions on others by removing this app from circulation? just my two cents

you could say that if it was back in the 2.0.1 days when it worked

but now we are just taking out the trash

Thanks

While I see your point in "taking out the trash" there is always the chance there are still users on 2.0.1. Secondly instead of getting rid of a formally good app we should in turn aim to recreate some functionality (such as system strings). Source code for customize is available and I'm sure someone in our vast community at MMI can salvage something from the source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast